Unable to configure both the Bands when I use my Archer C20 as an extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-08 18:27:10
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1

Hi,

I have been using TP-Link Archer C20 as my router for a long time. Now I decided to buy a gigabit router and use Archer C20 as a repeater. The issue that I am facing is that I am able to configure one band say 5GHZ sucessfully. But when I try to configure the other band also 2,4 ghz it spoils the whole thing and I get some mangled values in the IPV6 address whereas it spans to multiple lines. After this the 5ghz band also stops working. Also it does not let me connect to internet even via my other Giga bit router until unless I shut down Archer C20. Please help me if anybody is aware of what the issue is.

thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to configure both the Bands when I use my Archer C20 as an extender
2020-06-10 03:01:20

@Abhinao 

May I know how did you set up this Archer C20 to extend the gigabit router Wi-Fi network, by configuring the WDS on this C20 as below?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/440/

What is the model number of your new gigabit router? Check and ensure there is no special setting for the 2.4G wireless.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 401

Replies: 1