TP-Link Archer C80 firmware suggestion - port forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-08 18:48:35 - last edited 2020-09-17 07:48:42
Model: Archer C1900  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.5 Build 200330 Rel.54851n(4555)

Dear TP-Link,

I've recently bought Archer C80 as an upgrade for an old Archer C7 v2. I like that router a lot, but I found one thing that annoys me and that is C80 is unable to forward mutiple ports (port range). I have a NAS with FTP and I need to port forward about 30-40 ports for passive connections.

In C7 there was no problem with that. I just set port range for wan and lan and it was done. But C80 is unable to do that. With C80 I have to force to UPNP it from NAS so I can use that port range. Or I can forward from port range but only to one port in LAN which does not works in my case. I would like to be able to port forward ports in the router and not beeing forced to UPNP it. I know I could make that happen thru port forward each port, but there is a limit of ports that can be forwarded so I'm unable to forward them all any other way than UPNP it.

Is it possible to do that somehow so I could use static forwarding instead of UPNP? I would like to be able to do that so everything would be static and I would have better control over it.

Please TP-Link, could you allow it in some firmware update? Or at least make limit of forwarded ports bigger. I think a lot of people would be glad to be able to use this function.

Best regards

Hawkeye

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:TP-Link Archer C80 firmware suggestion - port forwarding-Solution
2020-09-17 07:48:36 - last edited 2020-09-17 07:48:42

@Hawk86eye  Sorry that the port forwarding settings on the C80 are slightly different from that on the C7 V2, it doesn't allow to set a port range. While as you mentioned already, the workaround is leaving the UPnP enabled if you need to open too many ports for your local servers or services.

This has been forwarded to the related department as a feature request and we will take a look if we can re-design the feature in the foreseeable future.

@Duracell  Currently the C80 support as most as 16 virtual server rules, your request is noted and will also be forwarded to the related department as a feature request.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-01-29 03:29:46 - last edited 2022-01-29 03:29:53

Hello @Hawk86eye  @Duracell and all,

If you want to open a range of ports on the Archer C64 or Archer C80, please check this thread below, where you will find the solution:

How to open a range of ports on Archer C80

I hope this helps. Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer C80 firmware suggestion - port forwarding
2020-09-14 13:40:16

@Hawk86eye 

And also remove the limit of max 20 entries in list

Options
2020-09-17 07:48:36 - last edited 2020-09-17 07:48:42

@Hawk86eye  Sorry that the port forwarding settings on the C80 are slightly different from that on the C7 V2, it doesn't allow to set a port range. While as you mentioned already, the workaround is leaving the UPnP enabled if you need to open too many ports for your local servers or services.

This has been forwarded to the related department as a feature request and we will take a look if we can re-design the feature in the foreseeable future.

@Duracell  Currently the C80 support as most as 16 virtual server rules, your request is noted and will also be forwarded to the related department as a feature request.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-17 08:11:31

@Kevin_Z Thank you Kevin for your answer. I'm looking forward for that firmware update (if it is possible), because right now I have to force upnp everytime when router restarts (changing settings, powerloss etc.)

Options
2020-09-17 08:18:37

Actually you don't have the virtual server option here, as you see in the attached print screen made on emulator from site. I gave back to reseller C80 router because of this feature missing.

And even if it was, 16 ports for virtual server is unacceptable. And also max 20 ports for forward is unacceptable.

I have Virtual server option on cheaper version C6 but is missing on higher price routers.

Kevin_Z wrote

Good days.

Options
2020-09-18 08:20:43

@Duracell 

Hi, thanks for your reply.

What I mean by "virtual server" is equal to "Port Forwarding" in your screenshot.

Options
2020-09-18 08:24:03

@Kevin_Z 

ok but also you have a limit on how many ports you cand forward, max 20 ports and you don't have the option for port range forward which is not ok

Options
2020-10-04 21:34:56

@Duracell IS your screenshot taken using the TP-Link Archer C80? 

I need too make sure i can make a port forward on this router before buying.

Options
2022-01-29 03:29:46 - last edited 2022-01-29 03:29:53

Hello @Hawk86eye  @Duracell and all,

If you want to open a range of ports on the Archer C64 or Archer C80, please check this thread below, where you will find the solution:

How to open a range of ports on Archer C80

I hope this helps. Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2223

Replies: 8

Related Articles