Archer C6(US) is frequently getting disconnected.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-09 12:23:31
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20191112 rel.36515(5553)

Hey guys! I recently got the Archer C6(US) variant from Amazon India. and i saw a new firmware is available on US website of the product. So i downloaded the update and the firmware updated succesfully, now the problem is the router is frequently getting disconnected (orange light) and it never happened before previous firmware. 

So how can i downgrade to previous firmware? or anyone else is having the same issue? let me know if u know a fix. The connection is a PPPoe connection.

Options
17 Reply
Re:Archer C6(US) is frequently getting disconnected.
2020-06-10 07:34:44

@Uttz 

Hello, can you show me a picture of the region version of your Archer C6 on its bottom label? Generally, we should upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise, it may damage the router and will be against the warranty. 

BTW, what is the previous version before you update it? Do you still remember it?

How does this WAN disconnect issue happen and how can you recover it? Do you need to unplug the WAN cable and plug it back or restart the router? Kindly send us the system log and we may check further.

Options
2020-06-10 07:46:04 - last edited 2020-06-10 07:46:52

@Solla-topee Yes the version is Archer C6(US) i purchased it from amazon India. I don't know how i got the US version but yeah i got it, so i visited the US site of TP-Link to download the firmware.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-c6/v2/#Firmware

is the link from which i updated, also i have other tp link devices so i can't be wrong about the firmware region and firmware versions assigned for them.

I do not remember the old firmware version though.

And yeah i have to restart the router, in order to get back the connection. Light goes orange when the internet goes off.

Many people on the forum have same problems, with the router, many got beta firmware which fixed the issue, so what is at least the ETA of the new firmware? or can u provide me the beta firmware?

Options
2020-06-10 08:15:34

@Uttz 

Hello, thanks for the detailed information.

Can you please try to reset the router to factory defaults and dial-up again to connect to the PPPoE server? Ensure the WAN cable is correctly plugged in on both sides.

If the disconnect issue happens again, please log into the web UI of this router and send me the whole system log, we will check further and try to provide you a solution.

Thanks.

Options
2020-06-10 10:09:19 - last edited 2020-06-10 10:11:12

@Solla-topee yeah it again went orange around 13:41, so here is the log after when i restarted the router.

Also the problem is that download speed is 1MBPS and upload is 90mbps that's why i turned it off cus the router has so much bugs. when the download speed drops i have to restart the router frequently in order to get speed

Options
2020-06-15 07:26:08

@Solla-topee no reply? 

Options
2020-07-14 07:04:22 - last edited 2020-07-14 07:04:40

@Uttz 

Hello, apologies for getting back too late.

If the PPPoE sometimes got disconnected, please check again if the modem is always stable by connecting a computer to it and dial-up on that computer. Here we take the Windows 10 as an example:

How to set up a PPPoE connection on Windows 10?

If the internet is always working fine and the modem is always stable, please copy the MAC address of your computer and type it into the Archer C6 when you set it up again. You may choose 'Use Custom MAC address' on the Advanced-Internet page.

Let me know if the issue will be resolved, have a nice day.

Options
2020-07-15 02:32:04

@Kevin_Z Let me know how to revert back to previous firmware? i would be very happy.

Options
2020-07-15 03:27:28

@Uttz 

Hello,

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-09-30 23:35:09

@Uttz  i am having the same problem. i also updated the firmware which took me to 1.1.5. but my previous version was 1.1.6. my broadband line is alright but router is giving orange light 4-5 times a day. can you please tell me how to get back in previous firmware which was 1.1.6?

Options
2020-09-30 23:36:59

@Kevin_Z 

i am having the same problem. i also updated the firmware which took me to 1.1.5. but my previous version was 1.1.6. my broadband line is alright but router is giving orange light 4-5 times a day. can you please tell me how to get back in previous firmware which was 1.1.6? this is so frustrating please assist as soon as possible.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8807

Replies: 17

Related Articles