Access Point gives only half the speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-09 19:15:45
Model: TL-WA901ND  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi 

I have an ASUS 87U Router which despitates signal pretty much throughout the house but for some parts. To this part, I have a wired LAN running from the ASUS router. I have placed a WA 901ND 450 mbps using the LAN port and set it up as an access point. 

However, while the ASUS gives us a consistent speed of 230+ mbps, the WA 901ND, for reasons beyond me, does not give out more than 90mbps. I would think this is signifcant dip in speed. The LAN cable when directly tested also clocks about 230+.

I thought access points wouldnt have a lot of speed loss. Atleast not to the extent I am experiencing. 

Please help in this regard.

TIA

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access Point gives only half the speed
2020-06-22 09:34:57

@Parshuram 

Hi, the speed from the 901ND access point seems quite normal, as it is equipped with a 100M Ethernet port.

If you want to get more than 100M, you may need an access point with gigabit Ethernet port.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1204

Replies: 1