Deco P9 error: daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 20 ??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 error: daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 20 ??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
94 Reply
Re:Deco P9 error: daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 20 ??
2021-05-17 07:02:42

@MarioRuck 

Hi, as for the cloud update, did you mean if you updated the firmware over 4G mobile data or a different Wi-Fi network, the APP could display 'upload succeeded' but actually the firmware had no change? and it needs to be connected to the Deco's network and update the firmware again via APP?

As for moving/pining the clients to a specific Deco, we already have a plan to add this feature on the later firmware upgrade;

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco P9 error: daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 20 ??
2021-05-17 16:32:07

@TP-Link When are you planning to release the new firmware?

Options
2021-05-19 22:00:06

@TP-Link 

I have more then just one IP network. From my seure network (behind a firewall) I could not update the Deco. I had to move e PC into the Deco network or IP subnet - usually called DMZ network (between Firewall and Internet). My recommendation is to change this behavior. Anyhow now the log messages are there but the CPU is not always at 100%.

Options
2021-05-27 15:51:54

@TP-Link I did upgrade form a local file not a cloud update. The main deco has been connected via Ethernet to IP subnet A and I tried to initiate the update via the webinterface from another IP Network B. I had to connect the PC with the local file to IP network B to upgrade successful.

Options
2021-05-27 15:52:48
I had to connect the PC with the local file to IP network A to upgrade successful.
Options
2021-08-09 18:26:36

@TP-Link_Deco 

This was posted over a year ago, and still no fix.  To quote your post: "will ask our developers to speed up analyzing it, please be more patient, thanks."  

My question is this: How much patience are you expecting?  Is 13 months enough? 

It sure seems you have zero interest is solving this issue...

Your initial response:

Hello all, sorry to respond late.

For the daemon.err display issue, we have received your feedback and will ask our developers to speed up analyzing it, please be more patient, thanks.

For the CPU shows 100% issue, as far as we can tell it will only appear when you just entered the web UI of the Deco P9 and it will be back normal after a while. This is also forwarded to the engineers and we will update here.

However, neither the daemon.err display issue nor the 100% CPU issue will cause the P9 crash or disconnecting from the internet, so if anyone encounters a disconnection issue with the Deco P9 network, please confirm some basic info so that we can speed up the whole process and offer a solution:

1. Refer to the troubleshooting guide to narrow down the issue and confirm if the whole system is unstable or just the satellite P9 is disconnecting from the main P9:

Unstable connection with Deco

2. What is the detailed network diagram and how Deco P9s connected, is the main P9 a Router or an Access Point? What is the LED status on each Deco P9 when the network disconnects?

3. How often does the disconnection issue happen and how do you make it back to work?

4. Are all clients disconnecting from the network or just some of them? Is the wireless still connected but showing no internet access or it got disconnected from the network? 

Thanks for your cooperation and look forward to your reply.

Options
2021-08-09 19:00:13

@Tubbybtch 

I've given up. Sad company who treats its cutomers like rubbish.

This will get them one day hopefully.

Options
2021-08-18 17:22:49

Still there?

Wed Aug 18 17:23:28 2021 daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 23

Wed Aug 18 17:23:32 2021 daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 23

Wed Aug 18 17:23:35 2021 daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 23

Wed Aug 18 17:23:39 2021 daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 23

Wed Aug 18 17:23:42 2021 daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 23

AP mode 

Options
Re:Deco P9 error: daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 20 ??-Solution
2021-08-19 02:36:52 - last edited 2021-08-19 03:02:53

For all uses who are curious about the logs

Hi, the logs below, have been confirmed as normal by the engineers and do not affect the internet performance.

Deco P9 error: daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 20
Deco P9 error: daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 23
Deco P9 error: daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 24

As for the system log, if it is marked as “Error or warning”, it’s still too soon to worry about what problems it might bring up.

You might need to pay more attention to the behaviors of the clients and Deco units, otherwise, the logs would be a bunch of meaningless codes.

@lsenyuk 

Hi, Is there any specific issue on the Deco P9 when you notice this log?

It would be more helpful if we pay more attention to the behaviors of the clients and Deco units.

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-09-02 15:40:11

@TP-Link 

This whole thread is about the same issues.  The DECO's go offline for a minute or more and there is no useful information in the logs to explain what has happened.

I originally purchase a 2 DECO M9 mesh and they quickly started going offline repeatedly.  I noticed they seemed to get really warm, so I assumed the problem was because those units don't have any kind of cooling apparatus and they were overheating.  

So, the I returned the M9's and purchased a 3 DECO P9 configuration.  One is my main router, the other two are AP's (one with ethernet backhaul, the other powerline or wireless).  The performance is inconsistent and these units seem to want to go offline at least once a day.  Nothing in the logs explains what is happening.  

The software is very limiting which at first seems great--if it just works and I don't have to be an IT guru to manage my home network, perfect!  

BUT that is not the case.  They don't "just work".  Or at least it seems like there is a real problem with this hardware and TP-Link isn't offering any meaningful solutions.  Send us your log.  Turn off IGMP.  Send us your network map...then silence.  

Users providing technical guidance.  The system can't run with 3 DECO's.  

When I access the web interface, I can sit and watch the CPU use bounce from 5% to 100% with no network activity.  Memory usage at sits at 50% with no activity.  

Fundamentally it appears to me that the CPU is simply underpowered.  

TP-Link needs to provide actual answers (read SOLUTIONS) to these issues or expect returned hardware.  

Options
Related Articles