Deco P9 & M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 & M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco P9 & M5
Deco P9 & M5
2020-08-07 12:03:13 - last edited 2020-08-11 05:58:30
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi I currently have a P9 system. Two on the ground floor and 1 on the third floor given location of home offices. The one in the attic is not connecting over the powerline backhaul so only on the wifi mesh. Is there a way to change this to boost the signal?

I also want to put one of the P9 units in a shed outside to get internet there and the garden. So I am thinking of getting the M5 3 pack for around the home with the P9 units in the offices and the shed. I presume the P9 needs to be connected to the modem or I would lose powerline functionality?

If I combine a system of the 2 units will I lose any functionality? I had a M3W hooked up before but removed as it seemed to slow down the system a bit but no sure if that was to do with how I set it up?

Thanks

Brendan

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco P9 & M5-Solution
2020-08-11 05:57:59 - last edited 2020-08-11 05:58:30

@MCCARTHYBR 

Hello,

You are correct. When Deco P9 works with other Deco models like M5, the PLC Backhaul feature will only take effect when P9 is used as the Main Deco.

When building a Deco network with different models, some features will disappear if one of the Deco units doesn’t support them, while the features both P9 and M5 seem to be the same, so no worries.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P9 & M5-Solution
2020-08-11 05:57:59 - last edited 2020-08-11 05:58:30

@MCCARTHYBR 

Hello,

You are correct. When Deco P9 works with other Deco models like M5, the PLC Backhaul feature will only take effect when P9 is used as the Main Deco.

When building a Deco network with different models, some features will disappear if one of the Deco units doesn’t support them, while the features both P9 and M5 seem to be the same, so no worries.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 1

Related Articles