Deco p9 - disconnects after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco p9 - disconnects after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:Deco p9 - disconnects after firmware upgrade
2020-08-05 07:39:06

@ewilliams8  @pablojim  @Gurjit  @jodacame 

Hello, apologies for the super late reply.

We hope you could help confirm some basic info so that we can speed up the whole process and offer a solution:

1. Refer to the troubleshooting guide to narrow down the issue and confirm if the whole system is unstable or just the satellite P9 is disconnecting from the main P9:

Unstable connection with Deco

2. How many Deco P9 in your network? What is the detailed network diagram and how Deco P9s connected, is the main P9 a Router or an Access Point? What is the LED status on each Deco P9 when the network disconnects?

3. How often does the disconnection issue happen and how do you make it back to work?

4. Are all clients disconnecting from the network or just some of them? Is the wireless still connected but showing no internet access or it got disconnected from the network? 

Thanks for your cooperation and look forward to your reply.

Options
2020-08-05 07:46:55

@DitchDoctor 

Hello,

As per your description, it seems that the main Deco and the satellite Deco are stable but the two far away from your main house are dropping, please help confirm the below and we will help fix it:

1. Is the main P9 working as a router? Please tell me how do you connect the Deco units to each other? In other words, the network topology/network diagram. 

2. Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using?

3. How often do the two satellite Decos in the shop drop the connection? And how do you make it back to work again? Is the LED on them white or red?

4. What is the MAC address of the satellite Deco which is dropping?

5. How far between the two satellite Deco and the main Deco? Is it possible to move them closer and give it a go?

Any updates, please let me know.

Options
2020-08-05 07:59:00

1. Refer to the troubleshooting guide to narrow down the issue and confirm if the whole system is unstable or just the satellite P9 is disconnecting from the main P9:

Unstable connection with Deco

Satellite disconnecting from the main P9

2. How many Deco P9 in your network? What is the detailed network diagram and how Deco P9s connected, is the main P9 a Router or an Access Point? What is the LED status on each Deco P9 when the network disconnects?

I have 3 P9 units.
Main P9 is in router mode.

LED stays White on the 2 that stay connected and flashes Red on the disconnected unit.  

3. How often does the disconnection issue happen and how do you make it back to work?

5-10 times a day, power cycle to resolve. 

4. Are all clients disconnecting from the network or just some of them? Is the wireless still connected but showing no internet access or it got disconnected from the network? 

The clients that disconnect are only those that are connected to the problematic unit.

@TP-Link_Deco 

Options
2020-09-21 18:16:57

Latest firmware update has been stable for me for ~7 hours and counting.

Keep an eye out for it guys.

Options
2021-02-01 11:07:29

@lukef82 

Just received a firmware update. V1.1.3 Build 202001228 rel 55057.

I run in  AP mode so I can't say anything about improvements. When there are problems, I will report back here. 

Options