Phone connection with a Archer AX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-11 14:29:30 - last edited 2021-01-28 11:18:48
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am sorry for this (probably) stupid question. I am thinking of buying the Archer AX50 and it does not have DECT / Phone support.

Would it work to buy a DECT Base station (for example the "Gigaset N300A IP DECT")  and connect it to one of the lan ports of the Archer? Or is there any feature that the router would have to support to be able to communicate / pass along the information of the Base station?

This is the first time that I will be setting up a home connection. I will be getting a Fibre Cable Modem installed by my provider and then plan to connect the Archer to the Modem. My hope is that a DECT Base station will be able to just communicate over the Archer towards the Modem without needing any specific feature on the router itself. But as I am not well versed in VOIP I wanted to make sure before investing into a router where I can then not get any phones to work on.

Best regards

Anon

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Phone connection with a Archer AX50-Solution
2021-01-28 09:44:54 - last edited 2021-01-28 11:18:48

Hello @Kevin_Z,

Thanks for the late answer.

For potential other people who come across this question I wanted to add my solution:

In the end I found out I could use a VOIP app (Mizu Droid) and am using my mobile phone as the landline at the same time. This of course means nobody can call me when my phone is not at home in WiFi but it suits my needs just fine.

regards

Anon

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Phone connection with a Archer AX50
2021-01-28 09:30:02

@Anon22 

Hello, apologies for the super late reply, I hope you have figured this out already.

As far as I can understand, you will need to subscribe to some kind of VoIP service from your ISP if you want to connect configure the DECT Base station to the AX50 LAN port. If your ISP provide this kind of service, they probably provide you some VLAN IDs to be configured on the AX50, then you will be able to use the VoIP.

Have a nice day.

Options
Re:Phone connection with a Archer AX50-Solution
2021-01-28 09:44:54 - last edited 2021-01-28 11:18:48

Hello @Kevin_Z,

Thanks for the late answer.

For potential other people who come across this question I wanted to add my solution:

In the end I found out I could use a VOIP app (Mizu Droid) and am using my mobile phone as the landline at the same time. This of course means nobody can call me when my phone is not at home in WiFi but it suits my needs just fine.

regards

Anon

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Phone connection with a Archer AX50
2021-01-28 11:20:32

@Anon22 

Thank you very much for the valued reply, Anon. It's glad to hear that you figured it out already and are happy with that.

Have a nice day.

Options