WDS bridging on TP-LINK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WDS bridging on TP-LINK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WDS bridging on TP-LINK
WDS bridging on TP-LINK
2020-06-12 20:07:45

Hello

Master - Router that shares the network
Slave - Router that is used to do WDS bridging with Master

If master changes channel then slave can't find it meaning there's no IP configuration and no access to the internet as well via LAN. What's more troublesome is that I don't have a gateway to acess slave to survey the Master network again to auto change things like channel. What's even more troublesome is the fact that DHCP must be disabled in order for WDS bridging to work. So here I am, getting to the main point now.

How can I do WDS bridging with slave to master while DHCP on Slave is enabled? Why I want DHCP to be enabled is because if Master channel changed and Slave channel didn't find the channel then give user Slave IP configuration from DHCP to access Slave to change the channel to Master.

Options
1 Reply
Re:WDS bridging on TP-LINK
2020-06-16 06:31:44

@Liverpool321 

Hello, what is the model number of your TP-Link device? What is the brand and model of your main router?

The DHCP should be disabled on the wireless bridging one, which is the WDS one, otherwise, there will be an IP mess-up in your network and thus internet will not work properly.

What we suggest is you can set a static IP address for the WDS one and ensure it is in the same IP subnet. Below is the guide to set up WDS on the TP-Link router:

How to configure WDS function on TP-Link Wireless Routers

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1672

Replies: 1

Related Articles