IGMP snooping/multicasting support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-13 13:48:06 - last edited 2023-05-18 06:53:07
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.10 Build 20190809

Does the Deco M9 support IGMP snooping/multicasting? I have BT TV and it was working fine with my deco M9 mesh network until some time in March. BT have advised that it is related to the router and IGMP snooping. I have swapped back to my BT smart hub and confirmed the TV works with this.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:IGMP snooping/multicasting support-Solution
2022-09-26 07:27:47 - last edited 2023-05-18 06:53:07

@richaardvark 

Hi, Deco supports IGMP snooping V1/2/3 and it is enabled by default.

The IGMP on/off box on the web UI is used for whether you need to make IGMP work on IGMP V3 only, which is required by several IPTV service providers.

May I know why you need to keep it enabled all the time? Have you noticed any multicasting issues on Deco?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:IGMP snooping/multicasting support
2020-08-23 07:29:13

@leebitton 

I have the same issue with M5 - think it's a general TPlink thing.

Used the mesh setup initially through BT smart hub in AP mode and all worked. Switched to a vdsl modem and used Deco in Router mode, and can't get internet channels. Everything else works (including the apps on the you view box) and a guy on BT community has pointed to this too.

Hopefully a firmware update will add this, but given we've just had one on M5 I'm guessing nothing will come soon.

Options
2022-01-19 03:11:16

@leebitton You need to enable IGMP from web ui (Advanced> system> system parameters)

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2022-08-24 10:57:23 - last edited 2022-08-24 10:58:37

Hi,

Here I've the same problem with Deco X20. If I change the value and open the page again, the IGP option is always unchecked, No matter if I restart or not.

And sometimes I've the IGMP working (with the check unchecked), and sometimes it stops working.

Can you provide any tip to keep the IGMP allways on? I've knowloedge to make changes via ssh or similar.

Thank you very much

Options
2022-09-26 02:05:31

@David-TP The same problem happens with the Deco M5 model. IGMP feature does not remain checked after the router reboots or even after I "save" and exit the System Parameters settings menu are. As soon as I return to the System Parameters submenu to verify that the IGMP setting is indeed set/enabled/checked it is unchecked.

Please fix this! 

Options
Re:IGMP snooping/multicasting support-Solution
2022-09-26 07:27:47 - last edited 2023-05-18 06:53:07

@richaardvark 

Hi, Deco supports IGMP snooping V1/2/3 and it is enabled by default.

The IGMP on/off box on the web UI is used for whether you need to make IGMP work on IGMP V3 only, which is required by several IPTV service providers.

May I know why you need to keep it enabled all the time? Have you noticed any multicasting issues on Deco?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-09-26 10:27:51

@David-TP 

Hi David,

Thank you for the answer. I was trying to enable the option only because the IGMP traffic stops working some hours after the reboot.

I have done a lot of test, always with the same result.

When I restart all the devices (with the Restart All option in teh app), all works perfect.

Some hours after that, the multicast traffic stops working. I have tested and it breaks in the first DECO in the chain.

So, I have to restart de Decos at least one a day, and it's a little annoying.

Thank you

Options
2022-09-27 08:36:54 - last edited 2022-09-27 08:37:13

Hi @David-TP,
I have the same issue than @GTow on my chained X50 devices.

Multicasting works for a few days/hours before I need to reboot all Deco satellites. Then, TV works again.

I understood that IGMP checkbox must be disabled (for ICMP v3 that my ISP doesn't support I guess).

My config :

- 3 X50 satellites with last build (1.0.8) in AP mode

- Internet <-> ISP Router <-> Deco1 <-> Deco2 <-> Deco3 <-> TV

- Ethernet backhaul everywhere

Options
2022-09-30 00:01:58 - last edited 2022-09-30 00:04:04

@David-TP 

Thank you very much for this helpful information! I am not 100% certain that I need IGMP snooping at all for what I am trying to accomplish but I believe that I do. I have had ongoing issues now for several years trying to get my 8 Amazon Echo Dot devices to work properly in my ~2,000 square feet two-story home. Specifically, I have had issues with the "multi-room music" feature not working well at all the majority of the time. This is where you are able to play music in synchronization across these Echo units in the various rooms of your home. I have constant problems where the music will start and stop on individual Echo Dot devices or will most often not play at all. Additionally when using the Alexa app to set up / control these multi-room music groups when I select different individual Dots in the app to add them to a group I am creating most of the time the moment I select one of the individual units random other ones will gray out and become unselectable but others are still available and upon reading a bit online I learned that this is due to a lack of the IGMP snooping feature being enabled and that apparently once I enable this IGMP feature my Echo Dots will see each other and be able to communicate properly among themselves. So this is why I was trying to enable the IGMP setting in the web UI. I just want to be able to play music in the various rooms of my home at the same time and can't figure out why I've spent more than 3 years trying to make this feature that surely millions of people around the United States and the world have had far fewer issues than I have experienced working. I purchased and setup this entire Deco mesh network exclusively for these eight Amazon Echo devices - they are the only eight clients on this standalone network in my home and every Amazon Echo Dot device is no more than 10 ft line-of-sight from one of the three Deco mesh nodes. I initially tried making this all work with a tp-link Archer A7 router with these eight  Echo Dot devices on their own exclusive separate network but that did not work at all. I don't have any cordless phones/baby monitors/microwave ovens/etc. and my internet connection is high-speed fiber optic with stable upload/download speeds of more than 600 MB/s. This speed is confirmed in the speed test of the Deco app. My Deco mesh network is comprised of one M5 Deco unit as the base/main node and then I have two W2400 units as the satellite units. I have the "mesh" setting turned off for each individual Echo Dot client and have the "fast roaming" feature disabled but "beam forming" is enabled. I don't know what else to do at this point. 

Options
2022-10-02 08:41:33 - last edited 2022-10-02 08:42:47

Hi again,

As I have to restart regularly all my devices Deco in AP mode, I have tried in router mode with same hardware configuration :

Internet <-> ISP Router (with DHCP disabled) <-> Deco1 (main device as router mode + DHCP enabled) <-> Deco2 <-> Deco3 <-> TV

Even is now double NAT is present, I still had lost TV signal after 2 days. Deco devices reboot has again solved the TV signal (boring).

Notice that the reboot of main device (router) was not enough.

@David-TP do you have beta firmware for X50 V1 (more recent than 1.0.8) to try ?

Options
2022-11-25 00:35:57

Related to this subject:

I have 2 Deco X55 units running in AP mode and I can also report that IGMP snooping gets disabled after power goes off or if I manually reboot the unit.

I need to have it on or else my TV service will start freezing and its a bit troublesome to keep reenabling it every time the power goes off.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10446

Replies: 17

Related Articles