Votes

Onemesh between two routers

Votes

Onemesh between two routers

193 Reply
Re:Onemesh between two routers
2021-12-03 05:01:55

@Kevin_Z I have JUST bought two TP Link routers with this in mind and now discover this.... I can't believe this.... glad I can return... Please do this function and keep us updated... silence is the worst way to manage this. 

Options
2021-12-03 20:38:06

@Hok 

Yes, I'm in a similar boat.  I've got the AX11000 and just received the AX3200, as well as 3X AX1800 repeaters.  All intended on being used on the OneMesh protocol.  After an hour w/ CS, I discovered the answer here while they were "looking into it".  After more discussions, the conclusion was essentially what's been stated in here.  CS can't speak for the engineers aside from claiming they're sending this up the chain, what they do up there is a mystery to all of us.  My gut tells me this won't be resolved given the OP here dates back to middle of last year. 

It blows my mind they're either intentionally handicapping their devices to force people to buy cheaper to produce products, or ignorant enough to think the demand doesn't justify the labor required to update the code on a firmware rollout.  

Blows. My. Mind.

Options
2021-12-03 21:28:59
They just want us to buy the RE series repeaters.. sad but true.
Options
2021-12-05 06:59:44
Same to me. Firmware need to be improved. Onemesh is one thing at the moment, what drives me crazy. Why cant two one mesh routers work in onemesh. What the hell. Do something Tplink. Products are good. But i will sell my 2 routers and buy Asus one if nothing changes.
Options
2021-12-13 16:25:42

Same here. Bought two AX1500 routers to create a mesh network, but realised it is not currently supported by TPLink. Can't return the item as I opened both the routers! Going back to Asus.

Options
2021-12-18 07:34:54

Same for me. I have replaced my 2 previous TP-Link AP TL-WA1201 (wi-fi 5) with one Archer AX10 + two RE505X to have wi-fi 6 in a mesh. But at the end, I have much much lower wi-fi speeds due to missing LAN backhaul or to missing Onemesh between two routers.

Options
2021-12-18 15:07:49

This is the most idiot way to

promote the onemesh network. I want power and ports in my house and you tell me to buy an extender. Thanks a lot! Really helpful. I just bought the second onemesh router because I thought I can use them as in the old building, where I had Asus. The power of AX73 and the C80 is impressive, but the fact that I can't create a damn network between them and you are not saying this anywhere!!!? is really annoying. :) 

thanks a lot TP-Link for this! 

Options
2021-12-21 18:53:57

It's really a wasted oppurtunity. All of us here don't want to buy cheap extenders. We want to buy good One Mesh compatible routers and use it as a real mesh network. there must be an option for ethernet backhaul. Problem with deco is it has just one Ethernet port. So, if we get one mesh compatible routers working together, we get the good from both worlds. We have a lot of ports to use and also we can use ethernet backhaul.

Options
2021-12-21 18:57:32

@Yubaraj 

cheap extenders????

oh bro, they offer extenders for the price of a good router!

and all old equipment is suggested to be thrown away.

Options
2021-12-21 18:59:02

@STN 

Cheap quality wise smiley

Options

Voters 42

+ 38 Voters