Votes

Onemesh between two routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Onemesh between two routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
193 Reply
Re:Onemesh between two routers
2023-10-23 10:37:39 - last edited 2023-10-23 10:38:04

@ivansporting 

Agreed fully with this post.

Bought 2x TP-link routers (which said they offered onemesh) and to my amazement, despite all your competitors especially asus offering the ability to mesh between two routers - TP-link doesn't offer that.

It is simply jawdropping to see that this feature was supposed to have been worked on 3 years ago but it STILL does not exist now.

You should fire your firmware developers and hire competent ones

i'm probably going to just go back to asus, what a crapshoot at tp-link

Options
2023-11-07 12:02:49

I have a RE505X and a AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 Router. I want the backbone internet to be a wired connection and to build a wifi mesh with same network name for seamless roaming.

Options
2023-12-19 12:54:52

@ftibor I'm deeply upset, infuriated, and enraged: TP-Link continues to tout the Archer AX11000 as the top gaming router. Top in what, exactly? Its sheer lack of development and updates is appalling. It's downright infuriating to have to return a second router that I purchased for integration into a OneMesh system. I own an extender, but honestly, extenders are garbage. I needed a direct cable connection for an NVR. So, I reluctantly used the extender, connected the NVR, and yes, it’s online, but it’s invisible in the connected devices list. Consequently, I can't configure ports or anything. Buying a second OneMesh router was a colossal letdown. The Archer AX11000 still costs an absurd amount, and firmware updates are a mere possibility, not a certainty. There’s a bewildering array of models, numerous routers, some significantly more potent and pricier than others, yet the support is abysmal. IT IS DECEMBER 2023, BET IN 5 YEARS TIME THIS FORUM WILL BE TALKING ABOUT SAME PROBLEM

Options

Voters 42

+ 38 Voters