Votes

Onemesh between two routers

Votes

Onemesh between two routers

193 Reply
Re:Onemesh between two routers-Solution
2022-08-23 11:50:18 - last edited 2022-11-14 12:51:28

Update on 11/15/2022:

We have provided an early release EasyMesh firmware for Archer AX55, which allows you to connect two Archer AX55 wirelessly to build a wireless mesh network.

Visit the below thread to get the firmware:

Early Release EasyMesh Firmware for Archer AX55

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello @ftibor and everyone who is looking for Onemesh between two routers,

I'm updating here to let you know that there will be a new feature called EasyMesh added to the TP-Link routers and range extenders, which will allow you to build a mesh network between two routers wirelessly.

Please visit the following thread to know more about how EasyMesh will work, leave your comments there if you have further inquiries:

EasyMesh Networking: Build Wireless Backhaul between Routers and Range Extenders

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Onemesh between two routers
2022-08-23 12:03:24 - last edited 2022-08-23 12:04:17

@Kevin_Z  Hmmmm.... Let's see.....

*The EasyMesh website with the list of the supported products is empty for my country. But I'll accept that as a startup issue.

https://www.tp-link.com/nl/easymesh/product-list/

*No Ethernet backhaul !!!
Not now, maybe later, maybe not.
A Mesh with separate APs is already possible with OneMesh, without ethernet backhaul having a Mesh with 2 routers is just declaring 1 router a Wifi repeater.

Q4. Will EasyMesh support Ethernet Backhaul?
EasyMesh is currently still under development and the ETA is not yet confirmed. Kindly note that Planned is not a guarantee as the plan can be adjusted or changed, please keep an eye on the official website for firmware updates when the new features are available.

Options
2022-08-25 14:58:39

@Kevin_Z 

While I'm happy you've updated us on this and are working on this, no Ethernet backhaul is still a big problem for me and is a must need feature since otherwise this doesn't really solve much in my case. Also I'm not seeing the AX6000 or higher end routers on the supported devices. I personally have it so I would like them supported for that aswell. Will they get support eventually too?

Options
2022-08-26 00:59:14

@solution.   - lol. Well, i've already moved onto Asus products for my home, no Ethernet backhaul is ridiculous. Hope to see that in a future update for everyone else.

Options
2022-08-26 06:51:12

@esrgkfdljfverks  @Sanibelt  @jigouttrev 

Thank you all for the follow-up and thank you very much for sharing your opinions in the community.

As we stated in the EasyMesh thread, EasyMesh is still under development and we are just introducing this new technology to inform you that there will be some new features you are looking for, such as building a mesh network between two routers wirelessly. I completely agree with you all that Ethernet Backhaul will be a good feature to have in EasyMesh, but I just don't know if it will be supported or not since I'm not involved in the development team. All of your requests have been forwarded to our decision-maker, they should consider the feasibility of the design, we may just wait and see.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options
2022-08-30 11:24:14

@ftibor 

When did EasyMesh start to develop? Also, what is your estimated release time for this software?

Options
2022-11-06 19:33:31

Thanks for the update, @Kevin_Z

A question about the models' coverage matrix: there are many new and expensive routers are NOT in the supported list. Are they going to be supported in sort of "delivery drops"?

Personally I have Archer Ax6000 v1 and Archer AR600. And would be very sad if to solve the issue that we (customers) have risen in 2020 I gonna need to buy another boxes instead of the good ones I have. 

Options
2022-11-07 02:36:48

A time scale would be nice. It has taken year to get this info. Will it be year before it is up and running.

I Note: The EasyMesh firmware update for products marked "Planned" is not a guarantee. The compatible device list will be updated regularly, and TP-Link reserves the right to modify this page at any time without notifying the user.

and still no information on Will EasyMesh support Ethernet Backhaul !!!

Options
2022-11-14 12:49:38

NotImpressed wrote

@ftibor I just bought msyelf 2 OneMesh AX3000 ( AX55) routers - I can confirm they cannot even persist properly in the same network - admin module cannot be loaded and keeps asking for a password when set in the same network -  nowhere it was mentioned clearly on the box that they would not work together in a OneMesh network - a lot of money wasted :-( 

This is very sad - I used to be very fond of tp-link.... 

The shop won't even take them back because the boxes are opened and the device is not "broken"... but for me this does not do what I would expect it to do :(

You could at least mention this on the box I think... buying to OneMesh devices that cannot work togehter without mention is counter intuitive to me.

Hello @NotImpressed 

I'm updating and replying to inform you that we have provided an early release EasyMesh firmware for Archer AX55, which allows you to connect two Archer AX55 wirelessly to build a wireless mesh network. Visit the below thread to get the firmware:

Early Release EasyMesh Firmware for Archer AX55

Options
2022-11-14 12:55:30

Hello @Kevin_Z ,

I can not confirm anywhere if that supports Ethernet back haul.
If not, it's basically useless as you are turning an expensive Ethernet router into little more than a WiFi repeater.

Please explain.

Options

Voters 42

+ 38 Voters