Votes

Onemesh between two routers

Votes

Onemesh between two routers

193 Reply
Re:Onemesh between two routers
2021-01-29 03:03:24 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

@Kevin_Z 

Add me to the list of people disappointed that you can't create a one mesh network with two one mesh routers.  From all your advertising I thought this was completely possible... only to stumble upon this thread.

Options
2021-02-05 18:01:55 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

I am also very disappointed with that my 2 routers - VR2100 and C6 router is OneMesh not supported!

Very unexpected that OneMesh works only for cheaper extenders.

Options
2021-02-05 20:25:25 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

I also own three pieces of Archer C80, where one Archer C80 as the main router works in Router Mode, while the other two work in Access Point Mode!

And it all works nicely but there is only one problem that is very irritating and that problem only happens when you move (walk) from one AP point to another AP point, then the Wi-Fi signal is interrupted for a few seconds and then back again, and this happens most often when a audio call or video call to Viber or WhatsApp is in progress!

So I think if these routers in one of the following firmware would enable the OneMesh function, that the problem with the loss of Wi-Fi signal when switching (walking) from one AP point to another AP point would be solved and would not happen!

TP-Link team think about it...

Best regards!

TRUST NO ONE, THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
Options
2021-02-11 20:36:55 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

Hi

Please add me to the list, I have an AC2100 modem and bought an AC1750 thinking it would link via the OneMesh.

James

Options
2021-02-12 03:04:49 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

This is really absurd. This is sort of scam from your side. And I will give you an example on how you are being misleading, specially here in Brazil. The router says that there is no "Onemesh compatible" device on my network (have 3 archer C6 v3.20 connected) and them a link asks to see devices that are compatible and in your website ONLY ROUTERS are listed. There is no repeaters to be sold in Brazil.

Also, even if there was a repeater compatible, having no ethernet backhaul is really lame.

Onemesh is as today, a Scam.

At least, ask the developers to allow the 802.11r (Fast Roaming) to be enabled so we can have the router and the router on AP mode to check-in and check-out devices between them.

There is people on Archer C6 v2 (Sadly, my Archer is newer) that using Open Source OpenWRT enables this feature.

Come on guys! Look at ASUS example. I buy everything TP-Link since I started, even my testing environment in my company I choosed TP-Link (Over CISCO) routers and Switches. Respect your customers.

Options
2021-02-15 14:47:49 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, I have two Archer C6 routers.

Right now they're connected under WDS bridge, but after the firmware upgrade I see my second router in the list. When I press "Add", it says it failed.

Obviously from reading past threads I realized that you don't support OneMesh between routers, but why are they be recognized then? Has there been a firmware update? 

Options
2021-02-16 11:40:18 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

@Kevin_Z 

I also fell down like a lot of users here. It's really hard to dig up while buying this devices that there's no OneMesh between routers/devices.

I bought two Archer A7 routers and a RE300 extender believing that I could set up a OneMesh network just like I already do using 4 different old Linksys routers flashed with DD-WRT OLSRD... Only to find out after all this arrived and I'm configuring everything that not only I can't setup a OneMesh network between two routers but that neither is possible to create a fully functional access point thru LAN cable... I mean, you can but QoS, NAT and other functions won't work.

How come that open source firmwares are still beating down all mayor manufacturers with their own hardware?? Do I have to return this 3 devices I was excited about, to go back to my good old Linksys Routers (honestly slower these days). Or should I go with the "unnecessary" hassle of flashing third party firmware on TP-LINK new devices?? It's a shame.

My home is a country home where there's only one cable ISP and two separate family houses. I was expecting to cover one house with an Archer A7 and a RE300, and cabling the second house using the second Archer A7 as a Wired Access Point and maybe using another RE300 in the future if necessary ALL IN ONE FULLY FUNCTIONAL NETWORK... But none of this is possible, even though I'm already doing this with 15 to 20 year old routers I wanted to get rid of... It's no good!!

Please make developers do a better job.

Also the bandwidth and traffic monitoring (that TP-LINK advertises on Q&A pages for this routers, is far from what expected.

Regards.

Options
2021-02-18 18:29:42 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

Well me too. What a big disappointment.  I have a great archer c7 10 months ago, when I saw the onemesh function and found out what it was I got so excited and thought about buying another c7 for my first floor, well I bought it yesterday,  started the onemesh setup and found out it didn't work. Just as all of you,  I saw the onemesh website and they don't clearly specify it won't worl using two routers..which would be perfect.  So I researched and found this post,  I'm very sad about this. Tp link, come on...you have to see this is a BIG issue, please make it work!

Options
2021-02-19 02:11:39 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

@CalicheLozano  @gass4ddwrt 

Sorry to disappoint you again. As we already mentioned that here and here that the OneMesh™ router can only be combined with OneMesh™ RE or OneMesh™ PLC to build Mesh networks.

If you do need two or more devices to build up the mesh network, you are suggested to buy Deco devices, which may meet your requirements. For more details about Deco mesh, please refer to this article: https://www.tp-link.com/mesh/.

Options
2021-02-19 02:12:28 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

@Lloyd_ 

Thanks for reporting the issue to the community. We will review this and reply later.

Options

Voters 42

+ 38 Voters