Archer C6(US) Wifi at 2.4ghz keeps disconnecting and the speed suddenly drops to 1MBPSor even lesser

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6(US) Wifi at 2.4ghz keeps disconnecting and the speed suddenly drops to 1MBPSor even lesser

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-15 04:24:49
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20191112 rel.36515

Hi Team. This is a new router which I bought a few weeks back. I have been facing intermittent disconnection issues and sudden down of speed on 2.4ghz frequency whereas 5.0 works fine. I have a few devices at home which do not support 5.0. Devices which connect with 2.4ghz especially the smart TV keeps disconnecting in every 20-25 mins and at times the speed also drops to 1MBPS or lower.. There is no issue with TV I can confirm as the same TV was working fine with my old router which only used to support 2.4ghz with the same ISP provider. My ISP provider is Spectra which provides 100MBPS fiber connection.
Troubleshooting I have performed so far is:

Factory reset of router, Changing the channel range of 2.4ghz frequency to 1,6 and 11. Tried changing the limit as well to 20 and 40.

Changed RTS value 2304
Changed MTU value to 1480
Set DHCP Primary and Secondary DNS

Unfortunately nothing seems to have worked here.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer C6(US) Wifi at 2.4ghz keeps disconnecting and the speed suddenly drops to 1MBPSor even lesser
2020-06-15 09:27:50

@krishnasharma39 

Hello, sorry for causing lots of trouble with the 2.4G wireless connection. Please kindly help confirm more details and we will try to help you out:

1. Are you from India and you've contacted the local support to do basic troubleshooting and is this device confirmed to be defective by the technicians already? If this is the case, there is no need to troubleshoot here again if the device is confirmed defective, just follow their instructions to replace it.

2. If this is a replacement already, may I know how many devices are connected to the 2.4G wireless? Are all unstable or only smart TV is unstable? Manually adjust the channel for 2.4GHz to lesser use channel.
There are other parameters we can check or change too, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588

Options
Re:Archer C6(US) Wifi at 2.4ghz keeps disconnecting and the speed suddenly drops to 1MBPSor even lesser
2020-06-16 04:54:25

@Solla-topee Yes I am from India and this router is not even one month old. I just have a couple of devices connecting to 2.4Ghz(Laptop and Smart TV) and I have issues with both but most of the time with TV. I have tried changing the channels, Changed the encryption and other things I mentioned in the thread however nothing seem to have worked here.

Solla-topee wrote

@krishnasharma39 

Hello, sorry for causing lots of trouble with the 2.4G wireless connection. Please kindly help confirm more details and we will try to help you out:

1. Are you from India and you've contacted the local support to do basic troubleshooting and is this device confirmed to be defective by the technicians already? If this is the case, there is no need to troubleshoot here again if the device is confirmed defective, just follow their instructions to replace it.

2. If this is a replacement already, may I know how many devices are connected to the 2.4G wireless? Are all unstable or only smart TV is unstable? Manually adjust the channel for 2.4GHz to lesser use channel.
There are other parameters we can check or change too, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc:

Solla-topee wrote

@krishnasharma39 

Options
2020-06-26 08:48:31
Can someone respond please? Such poor service from TPLink. I promise would never buy tplink devices.
Options
2020-06-26 15:18:35
Hi, I have a Archer C20 AC 750 bought about a month back and facing the same trouble.... speed during evening drops down 1 mbps and during the entire day..there are atleast 5-6 disconnections where my ISP is working fine if i directly connect thru LAN
Options
2020-06-26 15:24:33

@Dp12 Welcome to Tp-link community. You would never find the resolution here. I have been trying to chase them for quite a some time but no response yet. Best would be to buy a new router of some different company. TPLINK SUCKS.

Options
2020-07-21 09:07:10

@Solla-topee Can you help me with further instructions please?

Options
2020-07-21 14:00:12

@krishnasharma39 

Hi,

I have the C6 EU version.

We have also a Lot of trouble with 2.4ghz, and i dont think your hardware is faulty.

Also we dont know where the error is, but you can try to disable Nat Boost under systemparameters. This is only needed for 200mbps and faster  to provide better nat speed with the cost of possible problems. You can try also to disable the guestnetworks, with this i got the router stable at the moment.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Best regards.

Archer AX73(EU)V1 in Router Mode to use OneMesh with RE300 (used as AP only)
Options