Deco M9 Plus (3set) AP mode Red flashing light but wifi & wired works.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-16 04:17:22 - last edited 2020-12-02 07:05:02
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.12 build 20191014 Rel. 42025

I have the TP-Link Deco M9 Plus - 3 unit set. I currently have it connect in AP mode and two of the units are always blinking red and the unit connected to the internet is solid green. I currently have a computer connected to one of the units and I'm getting a decent connection, but every so often it seems like I drop connection for a short time then it comes back on. I feel like this is because 2 of the units are flashing red. 

When I look in the app it shows all of the units are connected and working fine. 

I have the latest firmware installed and the units are on 2 floors in a triangle pattern.

Cable modem--wired cable--Main Deco(first floor)

)))wireless((( slave Deco A( second floor)

)))wireless((( slave Deco B (second floor)  

I have tried switching the Deco's around to see if maybe it was just one of them having an issue, but no matter what one I connect to the cable modem it is always green and the others flash red. 

Thanks in advanced

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M9 Plus (3set) AP mode Red flashing light but wifi & wired works.-Solution
2020-12-02 07:04:55 - last edited 2020-12-02 07:05:02

@M9Marc 

Hi, thank you very much for your time and patience.

We would like to forward your case to the senior engineers later and could you please help me check the following information:

1. Were your Decos also connected like a triangle pattern?

2. Did only two satellite Decos flashing red but show up as connected and working fine?

3. If you connected an Ethernet cable to one of the satellite Deco, are you able to get internet service on the wired computer?

4. Have you tried to update your Deco to be the latest firmware version:

Deco M9 Plus(EU)_V1_200918

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202010/20201009/Deco%20M9%20Plus_V1_200918.zip

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus (3set) AP mode Red flashing light but wifi & wired works.
2020-10-27 09:28:44

@Gsosure same problem here. Did you figure out what was wrong? 

Options
2020-12-01 12:41:44

@Gsosure also here exact same issue. Sometimes solved by turning off whole network (all deco and modem), but issue at some points comes back. Any reply of the TP-Link crew?

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus (3set) AP mode Red flashing light but wifi & wired works.-Solution
2020-12-02 07:04:55 - last edited 2020-12-02 07:05:02

@M9Marc 

Hi, thank you very much for your time and patience.

We would like to forward your case to the senior engineers later and could you please help me check the following information:

1. Were your Decos also connected like a triangle pattern?

2. Did only two satellite Decos flashing red but show up as connected and working fine?

3. If you connected an Ethernet cable to one of the satellite Deco, are you able to get internet service on the wired computer?

4. Have you tried to update your Deco to be the latest firmware version:

Deco M9 Plus(EU)_V1_200918

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202010/20201009/Deco%20M9%20Plus_V1_200918.zip

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-12-17 12:57:44

@TP-Link 

Thanks for the reply. To answer your questions:

1. I have one M9 connected to my ISP provided router through ethernet. The other two M9 units or set in different rooms. Max 10 meters away. Without ethernet backhaul.
    The main deco is green. The two other deco systems constantly blink red. Deco is set up as AP. I have a 4th deco (M5) in another room, connected with ethernet to main M9 deco. This one is also green.
  2. The two deco's blinking red provide wifi signal.
  3. Just wired my laptop to the red light blinking M9 deco in one of the rooms. It indicated connection back to the router, so it has connectivity.
  4. I checked update status via the app. It appeared the M5 needed an update. The M9 was up-to-date. I updated the M5 after which the whole deco system was rebooted. Strange anough, after that all deco's were green. After few days, the two M9 went on red blinking mode again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1025

Replies: 4

Related Articles