How to remove one of two networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-16 08:45:44
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have just installed two networks M9 and P7 under one TP-Link ID. Now I am going to activate one network under a new TP-Link ID and I know how this is going. But now I also need to delete one network.

I understand what it says, So, on your deco app, click on Internet icon on main page, then click on top right corner and choose delete this network. After that, all the Deco devices will be reset to default factory and you will not be able to control Deco devices. 

The question now is, will both networks be reset? Or just the one I remove.

Thanks Tony Broekhof

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to remove one of two networks
2021-11-23 07:24:46

@Tony.Broekhof It will remove both....

Having just done it, in an attempt to remove the extra/old wifi, I am now stuck without any internet and all settings are gone........

Options
2021-11-23 10:48:18 - last edited 2021-11-23 10:58:59

@Mark-B 

Hi, I have tested on my side and it will only delete one network here.

Normally, for the same kit, once you set it up again, the old name would disappear automatically unless you remove the old network when the Deco units are offline from the cloud server. so sometimes, you might still see both the new name and old name for the same kit.

Options
2021-11-23 10:51:25

@TP-Link I had two networks, both named WiFi.

One with the old M5 units, and one with the new X60 units.

I chose the WiFi containing the M5 and chose delete, and gone were both of them.

I'm guessing it's based on the wifi name, and not some underlying unique ID that's caused my problem.

The primary reason why I wanted to delete it, was because the app constantly gave an error when opening it, because the old units weren't online.

Options
2021-11-23 12:56:29

@Tony.Broekhof 

Tony.Broekhof

Hi to all, problem solved.

Thanks case closed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6682

Replies: 4