Router doesn't get ip adres

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-16 21:14:22
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.08 Build 20200426

Hi there,

I've just bought a new router to connect to the glass fiber media converter (MC) and the internet. 

I've had these setups:

MC to laptop = internet connection

MC to router to laptop = no internet connection.

I've tried the things in the troubleshooting film on YouTube - no success. I've tried to change different settings (clone MAC adres from laptop, change dhcp numbers, changed DNS) but nothing. Light still is orange.

When I take out the cable (connecting the router to the MC) the router receives an IP adres, but I still have no internet. When I release/renew, the figures all become 0.0.0.0 

Anybody any ideas? I've run out of options.

Thanx

Rarix

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router doesn't get ip adres
2020-06-18 08:00:15

@Rarix 

Hello, if your computer is connected to this MC, do you need to change any settings on the computer to connect to the internet, or it's just plug-and-play? What is the model number of that MC?

What is the IP address you get from the MC connection when you connect a computer directly? Who is your ISP?

Options
Re:Router doesn't get ip adres
2020-06-18 10:29:55
What's the local subnet on the router, and what's the ip address on the wan port ? Did you try to change the cable between the MC and the router ? Try to setup the WAN port on the router to fixed speed , first try 100FD.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 446

Replies: 2

Related Articles