bandwidth control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

bandwidth control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
bandwidth control
bandwidth control
2020-06-17 15:03:45
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hi guys . im going to buy new vdsl modem and i choose vr400 or vr600. but i want a so important option andthat is bandwidth control .i saw here these models havnt that great feature ! so confusing why ? and does tplink have any plna to add this feature to these modem ? or i should change my target modems?

Options
4 Reply
Re:bandwidth control
2020-06-30 06:55:57

@Vahooli 

Hi, for the issue you asked for, the bandwidth control feature is supported on hardware version v1 of both VR400 and VR600.

Some of our DSL products support bandwidth control, some of our products QoS feature.

The below is their difference and customers may choose the feature based on their demand.

QoS: dynamic control for the priority of some devices; increase or limit bandwidth of some application; specify priority to devices based on IP address, application and LAN port.

Bandwidth control: specify exact bandwidth, upload and download, to multiple devices.

Hope this answer will help.

Good day!

Options
2020-09-23 10:34:07 - last edited 2020-09-23 10:34:53

Based on your response, I have just purchased the wrong VR600 version. Hard to believe a revised (upgraded) version 2 no longer supports this features. May I ask, is this a hardware or firmware choice, which may be added later? Quite disappointed as my much older Archer D7 router can do this without any issues.

Options
2020-09-24 01:28:04

Good day.

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Almost all of our latest models used Qos, instead of the bandwidth control.

So it might not be added later.

Generally speaking, Qos is more flexible and intelligent, and could make full use of the internet bandwidth;

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-09-24 01:36:30

@Sunshine Almost all model? Meaning my current VR600 could be excluded. I am aware of QoS, but cannot find this feature on the device, can you please direct me? Fireware is updated and I am using the advance setting menu.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 848

Replies: 4

Related Articles