Deco M9 Plus (3set) AP mode Red flashing light but wifi & wired works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-17 19:19:57
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.12 build 20191014 Rel. 42025

I have the TP-Link Deco M9 Plus - 3 unit set. I currently have it connect in AP mode and two of the units are always blinking red and the unit connected to the internet is solid green. I currently have a computer connected to one of the units and I'm getting a decent connection, but every so often it seems like I drop connection for a short time then it comes back on. I feel like this is because 2 of the units are flashing red. 

When I look in the app it shows all of the units are connected and working fine. 

I have the latest firmware installed and the units are on 2 floors in a triangle pattern.

Cable modem--wired cable--Main Deco(first floor)

)))wireless((( slave Deco A( second floor)

)))wireless((( slave Deco B (second floor)  

I have tried switching the Deco's around to see if maybe it was just one of them having an issue, but no matter what one I connect to the cable modem it is always green and the others flash red. 

Thanks in advanced

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus (3set) AP mode Red flashing light but wifi & wired works
2022-01-25 12:44:51 - last edited 2022-01-25 12:45:29

@Gsosure did you find a solution to this please? As I have the same issue. 2 decos which are connected to the Ethernet which flash red. The reception close to these 2 decos is really good and the app says they are working. The reception further away from the decos is strangely very poor. Thanks. 

Options
2022-01-26 05:59:08

@Gregor50 

Hi,  Nice to see you again.

I think the issue of OP might be fixed along with the firmware upgrade since it is quite a while ago.

For your issue, could you please provide me a picture of your network layout, such as:

ISP—main router---network switches—2*wired Deco M5s, 2*wireless Deco M5s

May I know the model number of your main router? And if there is a switch, please also help me check the model number.

I see you mentioned on the other post, as long as all satellite units are all wirelessly connected, they all stay green but the speed might not be as fast as before, right?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-02-02 15:08:18

@TP-Link 

Thanks. 
The model numbers are as follows. 

Main router Virgin HUB4 /TG3492LG-VMB

Switch TP Link Switch TL-SG116(UN)

Main deco: deco M5.

Options
2022-02-02 15:09:30

@Gregor50 

By switching to Access Point Mode all 5 of my decos are solid green. However the weak wifi continues. The speeds I get vary from 350mbps download 2bps upload (when close to each deco) to download speeds of 5 or even lower (when further away from the deco). When I say further away I mean about 5m away.

Many thanks for your help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2128

Replies: 4

Related Articles