wi-fi level is not enough

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-18 12:21:19
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The TL-WA855RE  show the blue signal but in the room where I have the TV the signal is too  low . What can I do to improve the signal  where is the tv?

Please let me know

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:wi-fi level is not enough
2020-06-19 09:44:06

@pessa 

Hello,

If the LED is blue, which means the connection between the extender and the main router is not a problem. While cause it shows a slow signal on your TV, we can do some troubleshooting first:

1. How about other devices? Can they get a better wifi signal from the extender? 

2. What is the distance between the TV and the extender? Is it possible to move them closer?

3. Meanwhile, you can check the current firmware version of WA855RE, if it is not the latest one, please upgrade it first. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-wa855re/#Firmware

Note: Please verify the hardware version at first. 

May it help. Good day. 

Options
Re:wi-fi level is not enough
2020-06-19 16:43:06

@Solla-topee 

Hello,

I'm going to replay to you question

1. I would like  to knopw if its possible to add other device to my extender and whic one is the best

2. The distance bwteen the extender and the TV is about  5 meters  more o less. yes  I can move the extender closer to the TV but I don't if  the led  will remain blue.

3. Meanwhile I'll verify the firmware version of WA855RE and upgrade it if it is not the latest one.

Thank you for your help

Have a nice day

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 306

Replies: 2

Related Articles