roaming after turning on a satellite deco m5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-18 20:06:53
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi.

I have purchased a (3) pack of TPLINK Deco m5.

I have 2 questions:

1) If I turn on a satellite (deco m5), then it seems that there is no roaming directly to the closest deco m5.

I have to turn off the wifi on my device (mobile) and turn on again to scan satellites of that wifi net.

I have not tried if I wait ten minutes my mobile is able to re-scan to connect to the property satellite.

Is this normal behaviour?

2) Mi mobile is a Samsung Galaxy A50 (wifi ac). I think that it has a single antenna.

If I have my mobile closest to a satellite or rover, the wifi speed connection is always 314 mbps.

I have  the rest of satellites in back haul (ethernet), so I get the same speed in other rooms and 10-20 cm near to device.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:roaming after turning on a satellite deco m5
2020-06-18 22:48:42 - last edited 2020-06-18 22:50:55

OK.

It seems that now it works fine.

I have enabled "fast roaming" which was disabled by default. I think that this was the reason.

Now it takes 1 minute or less after satellite is operative (green led).

About speed I am using "Speed test" app in android to get 315 mbps max. Connection is 5 Ghz band (ac) but I think the max (theoric) should be 433 mbps. However that is in

laboratory under optimal conditions, so maybe another trademarks also get 315 mbps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 525

Replies: 1

Related Articles