DHCP Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DHCP Issue
DHCP Issue
2020-06-19 20:59:23 - last edited 2020-06-22 03:48:21
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Good Evening,

I was wondering whether someone could help me.

I currently have a RE305 which is in access point mode. I am able to connect the unit to my router and can log into the device through my browser (192.168.0.254).

However, when the device is connected to my router, this causes the rest of my LAN network to go down.

Upon doing some digging i have found that the access point has its DHCP server turned on. Therefore my router and that are causing a network loop.

I have looked online and apparently i goto Settings/Network and there should be a setting to turn DHCP off.

However, there isnt any option. I have been through every tab within the device on my phone and through my PC and cannot seem to find a way to turn it off.

It appears to me that it should automatically, but doesnt appear to be working.

I have updated the unit to the newest firmware, and changed the IP settings to those of my router (gateway etc)

Any suggestions?

Options
2 Reply
Re:DHCP Issue
2020-06-22 09:15:46

@MattG83 

Hello, may I know the model number of your host router?

Generally, the DHCP server on the RE305 should be automatically off when it detects one already in the network. May I know the IP address of the host router as well as that of the Access Point? Try to change them into the same IP subnet.

If this still doesn't help, try to reset the RE305 and configure it again into Access Point mode:

How to configure the range extender as an access point

Options
Re:DHCP Issue
2020-06-22 10:07:34
I am using a virgin superhub 3 as my router. The network address is 192.168.0.1 The RE305 is connecting to it, as i can use my PC to log into the Access Point. Both subnets are the same and unfortunately it doesnt detect the DHCP server. I have also tried resetting the device and configuring as an access point. It still creates the network loop and the DHCP is shown as Auto(on)
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 712

Replies: 2

Related Articles