Cannot Find Printer on _Ext

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-20 23:47:22
Model: RE350  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.3.37

I have gotten both bands to connect to my iPhone, iPad Pro and MacBook Air.

My Canon Printer is on 2.4G Network "JXX" (not JXX_5G). It cannot connect to 5G! It is also an AirPint Canon G4010 (latest firmware/software/apps)

When I try to print while logged into JXX_EXT I cannot find printer. 

Can this be resolved on any/all devices?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot Find Printer on _Ext
2020-06-22 08:41:31

@JL1963 

Hi, may I have the model number of your main router? Is it dual-band?

What if all the iPhone, iPad Pro, MacBook Air, and AirPrint Canon G4010 are connected to the main router wifi, will you be able to find the printer and print?

When the AirPrint Canon G4010 is connected to the JXX_EXT, what is the printer's IP address, can you ping it on your Apple devices?

If you set a static IP address on the AirPrint Canon G4010, please try to change it to obtain IP address automatically and check again.

Options
Re:Cannot Find Printer on _Ext
2020-06-22 17:45:34

@JL1963 

Hi, may I have the model number of your main router? Is it dual-band?  I don't have access to the router. It is in the home-side of my landlord.

What if all the iPhone, iPad Pro, MacBook Air, and AirPrint Canon G4010 are connected to the main router wifi, will you be able to find the printer and print? I can print from all devices on the 2.4G. The printer will not use 5G

When the AirPrint Canon G4010 is connected to the JXX_EXT, what is the printer's IP address, can you ping it on your Apple devices? Don't know how to do that. But I can print from all devices through the main router. It's just the EXT I cannot

If you set a static IP address on the AirPrint Canon G4010, please try to change it to obtain IP address automatically and check again. Don't know how to do that.

Thanks for your help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 241

Replies: 2

Related Articles