Extender not connecting to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-21 13:30:16 - last edited 2020-06-22 08:23:56
Model: TL-WA901ND  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

We just changed our ISP from movistar to vodafone. The vodafone is working fine but the extender has no internet. I can't tell if it is connecting to the router or not, but guessing not as it has no internet. I tried pressing the WPS on both the vodafone boxes (there is a black vertical box and a white horizontal), mulitple times, then pressing the WPS on the extender. Nothing works. The extender flashes a green lock symbol. I tried can't log in online to configure the extender, because it not connected to the internet. I tried using an ethernet cable between the router and the extender and pressing the WPS buttons but nothing happened, except for the lock symbol flashing again. I assume this is because the extender is still configured to the old network, but the old network isn't switched on. Please help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Extender not connecting to internet
2020-06-22 08:29:36

@Annoyed.com 

Hi, please follow the below steps to reconfigure the WA901ND to connect to your new Vodafone network:

1. Make sure the Vodafone wireless network is still running properly and you can connect to its wireless network with the correct password.

2. Reset the WA901ND by pressing and holding the RESET button on it until all the LEDs turn on momentarily.

3. Configure the WA901ND to work as a repeater:

How to configure Repeater mode of the Wireless N Access Point

Hope it helps.

Options
2020-06-22 11:51:40

@Annoyed.com 

Hi thanks, but no, it doesn't help. Do you have live support via online chat at all?

The instructions you gave lead to accessing the extender by connecting to it from a computer, but you can only do that if the extender is connected to the main router... which is the problem I am trying to resolve. They do not connect when WPS is pressed...

Options
2020-06-29 02:47:04

@Annoyed.com 

Yes, we do have hotline support and live chat support (not all regions), please check below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

May it help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 854

Replies: 3

Related Articles