RE300 Failed to obtain IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-24 07:58:38
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, just purchased an RE300.

All went well with installation via WPS and I managed to connect several devices to it.  But a few hours later, ALL my devices started to report unable to connect. And the Tether app cannot see the device.

All lights on the device are showing white and i have reset the device several times, each time with no improvement.

Please help!

Steph SF

Options
3 Reply
Re:RE300 Failed to obtain IP address
2020-06-24 09:13:52

@stephsf 

Hi Steph,

Do you mean all the LEDs on the RE300 are solid white when all the clients got disconnected from the internet? What kind of those devices?

Please check and ensure the RE300 firmware is the latest:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re300/#Firmware

Additionally, please try to reset it and reconfigure it via the web GUI but not the WPS:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2485/

BTW, what is the brand and model number of your host wireless router? How far between this RE300 and the router?

Options
2020-06-24 10:04:22

@Solla-topee

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

All lights are solid white

Have carried out a reset and have set it up again via the UI as per instructions.  Initially worked, but then within seconds, link was lost and Failed to obtain IP address was reported again.

Cannot connect to the extender to get Firmware version.

Wireless router is a BT Smart Hub Type A and the extender is currently 4m away in clear line of sight.

My devices are Win 10 laptop, Win 7 laptop, Win 10 PC, Android phone and Android tablet.

S

Options
2020-07-25 14:41:44

@stephsf 

Ive got the exact same problem.. i have the latest Sky Router and 2 x RE300s both worked for a coue of hours  and now reporting  cant configure and IP address..

Reset everything started again, exactly the same issue..

If you get a resolve please let me know. If i cant get it to work this weekend i will be returning them on Monday.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1784

Replies: 3

Related Articles