VR2800V Very low download speed in FTTH

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-24 22:20:12 - last edited 2020-09-06 18:07:39
Model: Archer VR2800v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Good evening,

I would like to solve the VR2800V low download speed in FTTH. If I connect the wired PC with 1 Gb connection and VR2800V in Wireless mode to the ONT of the TIM IPS, the download speed doesn't exceed 240 Mbps. On the other hand, if I use the TIM HUB I can reach 850 Mbps. The system log show that the connection of the PC and the ONT are both 1 Gbps. If I perform a factory reset and reconfigure the router, the download speed reach 850 Mbps, but after les than 24 hours it slow down again to 240 Mbps. The only way I know to resolve the problem is to do the hard reset and reconfigure everything every time. there is a solution or I have to repair the router?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VR2800V Very low download speed in FTTH (find solution).-Solution
2020-08-01 09:01:05 - last edited 2020-09-06 18:07:39

@Sunshine Good morning,

I found the cause of my problem and a temporary solution! The cause of the download speed liitation is the "Tether App". When I activate the "Parental control " through this app, it automatically activates the "Access control", but it is not visible with the Italian firmware and in the "Tether App". With the collaboration of Mr. Fitz Peng of global support, I installed the latest version of the German Firmware, and now the malfunction becomes visible end can be disabled. The problem is always caused by the "Tether App", but at least I have found a temporary solution. Also with this firmware the VR2800v performasnce has improved and I can also get my italian Voip to work. The only problem is that during the outgoin calls the tone is German. I tried to contact the italian support to explain the problem and to ask to customize the German firmware for Italy, but they were not even polite to give me an answer!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:VR2800V Very low download speed in FTTH
2020-06-30 01:59:35

@Oiramodo 

Dear Customer,

Our engineer will contact you via email to follow up your case and try to fix it. 

Regarding this problem, remote access via TeamViewer will help a lot. If it is okay for you, please install a Teamviewer on your PC.

When we both are available, please send me the Teamviewer id and password. We can communicate with each other via the Teamviewer. You can still control your PC during the Teamviewer session.

BTW, before we schedule a Teamviewer session, please kindly let me know when you are available and what is your time zone. We are available from 9 to 18 UTC+8, Mon to Fri.

Thanks a lot for your patience and cooperation, have a nice day.

Options
Re:VR2800V Very low download speed in FTTH
2020-07-15 06:06:24

@Sunshine Good morning, the german TP-Link support has replaced my router VR2800v, but as I aspected the problem remained! If I activete the Parental Control for the night and the next morning I deactivate it, the download speed does not exeed 240 Mbps. The only way Iknow to resove thi problem is to do a hard reset, but i cannot do it avery day! Please help me to solve the problem!

Options
Re:VR2800V Very low download speed in FTTH (find solution).-Solution
2020-08-01 09:01:05 - last edited 2020-09-06 18:07:39

@Sunshine Good morning,

I found the cause of my problem and a temporary solution! The cause of the download speed liitation is the "Tether App". When I activate the "Parental control " through this app, it automatically activates the "Access control", but it is not visible with the Italian firmware and in the "Tether App". With the collaboration of Mr. Fitz Peng of global support, I installed the latest version of the German Firmware, and now the malfunction becomes visible end can be disabled. The problem is always caused by the "Tether App", but at least I have found a temporary solution. Also with this firmware the VR2800v performasnce has improved and I can also get my italian Voip to work. The only problem is that during the outgoin calls the tone is German. I tried to contact the italian support to explain the problem and to ask to customize the German firmware for Italy, but they were not even polite to give me an answer!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 859

Replies: 3