Wifi extender's wireless led is on but its network is not available

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-25 00:51:01
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My WiFi extender's model number is TL-WA850RE.

The extender was working fine for sometime then suddenly it disconnected from the main wifi connection. Then I tried to connect the extender again to the main connection as per the user manual but the extender didn't broadcast any wifi signal. Then I reset it few times but still it doesn't broadcast any wifi signal even though it's wireless led is solid on.

Any help is appreciated

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi extender's wireless led is on but its network is not available
2020-06-29 06:47:51

@Supun 

Hi, when you reconfigure the extender, did you create a different network name for it? If not, it may copy the wireless name of your main router. For example, if your existing Wi-Fi name is ABCD, after configuration, the possible extended network names may be ABCD, ABCD_EXT, ABCD_EXT_5G, or the one you create by yourself.

If you want to change the Wi-Fi name, please refer to the below FAQ see detailed instructions:

How to find or change the wireless settings of TP-Link Range Extender

May it help.

Options
Re:Wifi extender's wireless led is on but its network is not available
2020-06-30 08:35:12

@Solla-topee nope. I didn't use the main wifi's name for the repeater's wifi network. I changed it when i was configurating it for the first time. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 2

Related Articles