router not wrking with any isp excluding tikona

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-26 08:18:32 - last edited 2020-10-12 07:20:33
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V18
Firmware Version:

i am using tikona broadband service uptil which i changed now but existin router not workin with this isp

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:router not wrking with any isp excluding tikona-Solution
2020-10-12 07:20:12 - last edited 2020-10-12 07:20:33

@jigar0508 

Hello, thanks for the detailed information.

TL-WR850N seems a customized version for Service Providers in the local market, which means the firmware of the router might be self-designed by your ISP.

Generally, the support for this customized version will be covered by your ISP, and we suggest you contact your ISP first to check if there is any limitation on the firmware.

Good days~

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:router not wrking with any isp excluding tikona
2020-06-28 09:56:46

@techcare 

Hello,

Can you access the internet if you connect the tikona broadband modem to your computer directly? What kind of connection does your ISP provide?

How about the WAN setup on this WR840N, is it PPPoE or Dynamic IP? Is there an IP address? Please kindly send us the whole system log on the WR840N and we will try to figure it out.

Additionally, please refer to this FAQ below to narrow down the issue:
What should I do if I cannot access the internet through Wi-Fi router?

Thanks.

Options
2020-10-11 19:35:43

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin

I have two to link router but my given router by tikona ISP is not working with other service providers

I am not able to use for other ISP because of the set-up they did. 

Some functions are disabled such as Firmware upgrade , restore defualt is bringing tikona router settings..

Please help me and let me know what details your required

also I have other tp link router which is completely working fine with few clicks where this one is much more challenging and always internet in disconnected mode.

Options
2020-10-11 19:40:45
Options
Re:router not wrking with any isp excluding tikona-Solution
2020-10-12 07:20:12 - last edited 2020-10-12 07:20:33

@jigar0508 

Hello, thanks for the detailed information.

TL-WR850N seems a customized version for Service Providers in the local market, which means the firmware of the router might be self-designed by your ISP.

Generally, the support for this customized version will be covered by your ISP, and we suggest you contact your ISP first to check if there is any limitation on the firmware.

Good days~

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2373

Replies: 4