Deco X60 shows disconnected in app, yet unit has a solid green light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X60 shows disconnected in app, yet unit has a solid green light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
110 Reply
Re:Deco X60 shows disconnected in app, yet unit has a solid green light
2020-07-29 07:54:49

@Kucher Mine seems to be working ok as well since update but my sons still had the same problem so he has finally returned his for refund as it was impacting him working from home. It is a real shame that they haven't fully resolved the issue and don't understand why he still had a problem and I haven't. How do you tell if it has gone down when you are not using it as I don't really understand the logs when I look at them

Options
2020-07-29 07:55:24

@@Kucher Mine seems to be working ok as well since update but my sons still had the same problem so he has finally returned his for refund as it was impacting him working from home. It is a real shame that they haven't fully resolved the issue and don't understand why he still had a problem and I haven't. How do you tell if it has gone down when you are not using it as I don't really understand the logs when I look at them

Options
2020-07-29 08:15:59
Agree. In the logs I got no critical ones, but there are all others, like errors, warnings and notices - which I got no idea what they all mean. The device should be better. Should be no errors and stuff like that. We don’t have to know what they mean - it should run smooth, wish to say flawless. I’ve been with TP Link for ages, many devices bought but considering current as the last one. Over the last months, years the quality of my devices is going down. PS. Critial should be change into Critical.
Options
2020-07-29 08:43:51

@imikem thanks for your prompt response totally agree with what you have said. I really like the Deco X60 so really can't understand why the engineers can't fix this problem. I had the same problem with the Netgear Orbi and had to return. My son is going to try the Linksys WiFi 6 mesh system this time although much more expensive than the X60 so will only get 2 units instead of 3 but even then 50% more expensive but will be interesting to see how it performs. We always buy from Amazon as returns policy is first class

Options
2020-07-29 14:29:38

There have been two new firmware released since the beta referenced in this thread was initially shared.  At the time I'm writing this, the current version is 1.2.5 Build 20200709 Rel. 46606.  My experience with the latest release has been quite favourable, and in my mind, my issue is now resolved.  I suggest closing this thread, and if the issue arises again, it would be best captured in a brand new thread.

I appreciate the users that collaborated as we all worked together to provide information to tech support.  Thank you.

Options
2020-07-29 15:31:58

@TP-Link_Deco 

My wifi is dropping fairly regularly after the firmware update. Is there someone I can talk to to resolve this problem? This is quite ridiculous that the updated firmware is even worse than the beta. This is an unacceptable setup for me given my working from home situation.

Options
2020-07-29 16:37:45

@imikem By the look of the comment after you there are still people with issues so I suggest keeping the thread open until it's really solved.

Options
2020-07-30 01:15:23

@KomodoInc 

Hello,

Sorry to hear that, please contact our hotline support by referring to the below link:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-31 21:15:44 - last edited 2020-07-31 21:20:40

@MLVC Hi my setup at home is know working fine after the official uppdate. I just have one satellite WiFi connected and it is know connectinf to the Ethernet wired one on the same floor as is should. (Erlier buggy-firmware it connected to the main unit in the upper floor  even if it had lower connection  strength.) And ofcourse that same  WiFi connected satilite droped from time to time in the buggy-firmware.

I have not look at the logg. Do I find it in the web-interface or can I find it in the app?

Options
2020-08-03 19:52:00

@imikem hi there I thought the latest firmware had fixed the drop out problem but both satellites dropped out today just don't understand it

Options