Internet connectivity issue Archer A6 V2 US

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-27 05:53:45
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Archer A6(US)_V2_190923

Hi,

I have recently bought a Archar A6 V2 (US). I am facing stage internet connectivity issue only with certain devices. Changing the device's MAC or restarting the device resolves the issue temporaryly again to see the issue repeat after few hours.

One of device was having trouble in maintaing 5Ghz connection and was switching to 2.4Ghz so i has to change to latest firmware (Archer A6(US)_V2_191112) to and older version (Archer A6(US)_V2_190923) to resolve this issue, but the no internet issue still persists.

I am guessing the issue is because of DHCP server as the connectivity fails only after a new DHCP request is generated.

Any ideas to resolve the issue. 

Thanks in advance.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Internet connectivity issue Archer A6 V2 US
2020-06-28 06:26:39

@AnirbanSeth 

Hello, sorry for the trouble caused, we will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it. 

What is the current firmware of your Archer A6 and do you mean you've tried both Archer A6(US)_V2_191112 and Archer A6(US)_V2_190923, are both behaving the same?

What kind of device will lose the connection when the DHCP is renewing, is it connected to the A6 by wireless or via a wired connection? Did you get this message by looking at the system log? What is the DHCP Address Lease Time on the A6, can you change it to longer?

Besides, please follow the instruction below to do some tests and tell me which case you belong to.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2237/

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-06-29 03:57:55

@Kevin_Z 

I have reset the router and upgraded to the latest firmware 1.1.5 Build 20191112 rel.36515(5553). I have noted that DDOS protection was enabled and few of the connected devices were clocked by the DDOS protection. But few issues still remain.

The devices having issues were a Mi 4C Pro smart TV (using only 2.4GHz) and POCOphone F1(dual band). I have changed the MAC of POCOphone F1 to use a randomized MAC and it resolved the issue. However there is no similar option in Mi TV and the internet gets stuck after sometime. Restarting the client WiFi restores the internet but this happens frequently. Around every hour with DHCP leave set to default 120 minutes. But I changes the DHCP lease to 720 minutes as per your suggestion and the result was a good internet connection for around 3 hours. I also looked the log and noticed the time of occurrence of the issue coincides with the DHCP renewal process, which led me to the conclusion of DHCP issue. The same device was working fine with my other router just 5 days ago.

I have around 16 devices connected to the router, 10 wireless and 7 wired clients.

Options
2020-06-30 03:00:32

@AnirbanSeth 

Hello,

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-06-30 17:05:36

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your support. I got an email from support team and shared the necessary data for further analysis of the issue.

Options
2020-09-26 06:19:46

@AnirbanSeth @Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

I seem to have the same issue. The internet is too flaky at best.

I am already one a replacement router for this from Flipkart.

The main affected device is my Mi TV 4A Pro.

Options
2020-09-27 04:03:10

@vhrsh 

Hi, sorry to hear that. Have you tried the suggestions I replied to AnirbanSeth before?

Please ensure the firmware of your A6 is already up-to-date. Is this Mi TV 4A Pro connected to the 5GHz network? How far between the TV and A6? What if you connect to the 2.4GHz network, will it be better?

Thanks.

Options
2020-10-02 18:23:45

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

I have tried the steps but it doesnt help.

The TV connects to only 2.4 gh band.

Distance between tv and router could be around 10-12 feet with a wall in between. I have the same setup and my old linksys e900 worked for 7 hrs without issues.

The funny thing is it has a firmware version dated april 2020. But the website doesnt list this at all. I have got the US Version. The EU version has a newer firmware update and that seems to resolve issues for users out there. I need to get updated firmware for my US V2 Archer A6 asap.

Options
2020-10-03 06:51:37

@vhrsh 

Hi @vhrsh !

Try changing orientation of the antenna. I resolved the issue by positioning the antennae in a particular orientation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1543

Replies: 8