Archer C9 Unstable Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-27 19:55:20
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 4.1.0 Build 20160517 Rel. 35411

Hi there,

Wondering if you can help with my Archer C9 v1 issues on firmware 4.1 20160517.

Ever since yesterday out of the blue I'm having connection issues. Turns out a family member changed the ISP login details without realising it affects the router, so I copied over the new password and more than 24 hours later I'm still having issues.

I've noticed there is a new firmware for the US model but I am in the EU. Noticed it mentions DNS bugfix which this could be as the router does connect and intially pages load really slow but basically only Google is working and not much else.

I've tried a factory reset, unplugging modem for a while, changed MTU sizes, different DNS, changed to always active PPoE. No luck. I spoke to my ISP and they advised no issues currently.

I have noticed the default gateway is listed differently to what I setup in the LAN section, not sure why?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C9 Unstable Internet
2020-06-28 05:44:21

@Habylab 

Hello, does it mean there is no internet connection on the router now? Is the internet light on the C9 blue or orange?

May I know who is your ISP? What if you connect your computer directly to your modem and dial-up on the computer, will the internet work? Please have a try, instructions on a Windows 10 computer as below:

How to set up a PPPoE connection on Windows 10?

If the above works but still cannot set up the PPPoE connection on the C9, please confirm if there is a WAN IP address after you dial-up on the C9, and send us the whole system log.

Options
2020-06-28 12:40:11 - last edited 2020-06-28 12:41:18

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, it's blue. PlusNet is my ISP, have spoke to them after 2 hour wait and no luck, no issues their side, they're going to send out one of their routers to test. Google seems to work but then anything else is an issue or really slow. Will try what you've suggested. System log attached. 

File:
syslog-2020-06-28.log.txtDownload
Options
2020-06-30 05:53:45

@Habylab 

Hi, thanks for the update.

Please take your time to perform the test with the router provided by PlusNet, and help check the details as mentioned in my previous reply.

Feel free to let me know if there is any update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 599

Replies: 3

Related Articles