Cannot Connect to 2.4GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot Connect to 2.4GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot Connect to 2.4GHz
Cannot Connect to 2.4GHz
2020-06-28 03:02:08

Model: AC 1750 Wifi Range Extender

I cannot connect to the 2.4GHz extender but i can connect well with the 5GHz. Both the LEDs for 2.4 and 5GHz are working fine. 

I have reset the extenders multiple times, but same issues occured. It occurs to all of my devices - macbook, iphones, asus laptop.

I need this 2.4Ghz because my internet repeater for our home security camera only connects to 2.4 band.

Do i need to purchase a new extender?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Cannot Connect to 2.4GHz
2020-06-29 06:07:13

@fuzzywuzzy 

Hi, please help check some details and we will try to figure it out:

1. Do you mean all devices cannot connect to the RE450's 2.4G wireless network? Is his 2.4G network name the same as the main router or different? Please try to change the SSID and see how it goes:

How to find or change the wireless settings of TP-Link Range Extender

2. Please connect your device (MacBook or smartphone) to the RE450 and follow the instruction to check the IP address, default gateway, and DNS server.
https://www.tp-link.com/uk/faq-838.html
Note: Please show me a picture of the status-details page.

3. Meanwhile, please show me the same picture when connecting your device to the main router directly so that we can do a comparative analysis.

4. What's the model number of the main router?

Thanks.

Options
2022-01-10 18:42:55

@Solla-topee 

I have the same problem.  My 5ghz works fine, but not devices can connect to the 2.4 ghz.  When I try to connect:

-from a PC, just tries to identify for a while then fails

-from my phone, tries to obtain an IP address for a while, then fails

I have even tried a resetup of the 2.4ghz wifi connection via the tether app manually.

I renamed my extended networks while troubleshooting to have <networkname>_x.  The 5ghz_x works, as previously stated, but not the 2.4ghz_x.

Any suggestions?

Options
2022-01-10 18:46:33
I have an RE355 and an nokia BGW320-505.
Options
2022-01-11 00:59:59

Hello @papaburies 

As your device is model is different to better look into the concern, can  you start a new thread with case details like device firmware, led status on RE

-Please confirm RE355 is on the latest firmware 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re355/#Firmware

- Factory reset RE, connect to default _Ext SSID,  connect to Extender's 2.4Ghz wifi, could device get an IP address? If not can I have a photo of error,thank you

RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button until most Leds flash once. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 3341

Replies: 4

Related Articles