Archer C6 WDS and ni internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-28 07:25:59
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hello.

I've had setup wds for 2 Archer C6 according to TP-Link faq but on the repeater there is no internet. Is there a problem with WPA2 in this mode? Or something else?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C6 WDS and ni internet
2020-06-28 11:48:21

@KitsuneNoBaka 

Hello,

Please refer to the below instructions to set up one of Archer C6 as a range extender by enabling the WDS bridge function:

How do I use the WDS Bridging function to extend my wireless network?

If the second C6 still doesn't work properly, please confirm some details as below:

1. What are the IP address of the main C6 and the second one? Try to make them in the same IP subnet.

2. What is the IP address you can get when connected to the second C6 by wireless, can you ping the second C6 and main C6?

3. Please show us the WDS status page on the C6 web UI.

Options
2020-06-28 12:35:05

@Kevin_Z 

I've used exactly that instruction.

1. root 192.168.0.1 , extender 192.168.0.2

2. when connected to SSID of extender

ps: settings for wds

Options
2020-06-28 12:40:07
Both extender and laptop connected by cable to extender are visible as wireless clients at root router.
Options
2020-06-30 07:02:21

@KitsuneNoBaka 

Hi, it seems that your phone didn't get an IP address from the WDS C6 when connected to its 2.4G network, can you try to connect to 5G network?

How about the laptop, what is the IP address on it when it is connected to the WDS C6? Generally, if you can see it on the main C6 web UI, which means it should be able to get the IP address and access the internet. But if not, please try to ping the WDS C6 and the main C6, then get back with the screenshots.

How about other devices? Can you please try to connect other computers or phones to the WDS C6 and check if they can access the internet? Please ensure the main C6 in connecting to the internet fine.

Additionally, please send us the whole system log on the WDS C6 and we will try to analyze it, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1650

Replies: 4

Related Articles