New Deco M5: Internet Speed Unusable After Initial Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-28 09:11:50
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.13.14

I just purchased a Deco M5 today. Prior to setting it up, I did a speed test with my current router. It clocked in at 85 mbps. 

After successfully setting up all three Deco M5 nodes, I deed a speed test right beside the parent node. It clocked in at .1 mbps. Practically unusable 

I did a quick reset, same result after. 

To make sure it's not my internet connection, I connected my old router. It's working perfectly... 87 mbps. 

Has this happened to anyone?

Backstory: 2 days ago I purchased and installed a Linksys Velop mesh system. Same problem. The store allowed me to replace the unit with another Linksys Velop, but I opted to to get the Deco M5. After installing the Deco M5, it's the same problem all over again. I also called my internet provider to double check if this issue has something to do with settings from their end. Not the case according to them.. everything should work perfectly with any router that's connected to the ISP's modem. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:New Deco M5: Internet Speed Unusable After Initial Setup
2020-06-28 21:45:51

@pat_mish I'm here for a similar reason.  Try with only one, and if it's bad, swap to another one, and test again.

I've found one of my Deco M5's is causing the whole network to completely die.  It's unplugged now and everything is fine again.

Options
Re:New Deco M5: Internet Speed Unusable After Initial Setup
2020-06-29 00:56:44

@Junubee 

Thanks for the tip. 

I tried to shuffle the nodes as per your advice... but it's still the same case for me. 

I did find a "temporary" fix though. Connected my old router to the modem and wired the Deco M5 parent node to the old router. Now it's working perfectly. It's just annoying... I've yet to figure out how to get it right without the old router as a mediator. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 411

Replies: 2