M4 slow initial speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M4 slow initial speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M4 slow initial speed
M4 slow initial speed
2020-08-21 15:24:52 - last edited 2020-09-11 10:05:35
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

Had 3x M4 since March(WFM) and generally happy with it, had one of the unit in my home office(no backhaul) hardwire to my PCs and printer.  There is a strange behavior on speed, let say I ran a random speed test the inital speed is always 20ish mbps run it again low 200 mbps.  I make aware of this because every once in a while I will notice a lag in my RDP, and that happen once every 2day or so.  

I feel like M4 have a eco mode that throttle my speed when it isn't needed and speed test(I use Network speed test from MS store and bing test) wake them up back to normal.

Any thought on this?

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:M4 slow initial speed-Solution
2020-09-11 10:04:29 - last edited 2020-09-11 10:05:35

@MrDenly 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

Firstly and most importantly, ensure the Deco M4R firmware is up-to-date, update it via the Deco app if it is not.

Then please verify some details and we will try to figure it out:

May I know who is your internet service provider? And what's the bandwidth you pay for them?

What is the current network topology/layout, that is, how are the 3 Deco nodes are connected to each other? Is the home office unit connect to others via Wi-Fi?

How about the speed or connection on the other two Deco nodes, are they stable?

Please pay attention to the connection when the speed is slow and when it is normal that this satellite Deco (home office unit) is connected to the same signal source, the main Deco or the other satellite unit.

Do you mean if the speed will be back normal when you run the speedtest again, then the RDP connection is smooth as well?

Thanks a lot, and have a great day.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:M4 slow initial speed-Solution
2020-09-11 10:04:29 - last edited 2020-09-11 10:05:35

@MrDenly 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

Firstly and most importantly, ensure the Deco M4R firmware is up-to-date, update it via the Deco app if it is not.

Then please verify some details and we will try to figure it out:

May I know who is your internet service provider? And what's the bandwidth you pay for them?

What is the current network topology/layout, that is, how are the 3 Deco nodes are connected to each other? Is the home office unit connect to others via Wi-Fi?

How about the speed or connection on the other two Deco nodes, are they stable?

Please pay attention to the connection when the speed is slow and when it is normal that this satellite Deco (home office unit) is connected to the same signal source, the main Deco or the other satellite unit.

Do you mean if the speed will be back normal when you run the speedtest again, then the RDP connection is smooth as well?

Thanks a lot, and have a great day.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 864

Replies: 1

Related Articles