Max Wireless devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Max Wireless devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Max Wireless devices
Max Wireless devices
2020-06-28 16:06:00
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.3.0 0.9.1 v0074.0

Bought this so I could set up a 2.4GHz guest WiFi for smartplugs, mainly Tapo, and smart sockets. I've reached the stage where I can't add anymore devices without powering off already installed smart plugs. These then don't reconnect when they are turned on again if the newly added devices are still connected so there does seem to be a limit as to how many wireless devices I can attach per wireless network. What is the max limit of smart devices I can connect as I can't see it mentioned in any of the documentation?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Max Wireless devices
2020-06-29 08:02:24

@AnotherWingnut 

Hi, for the product, the limit of the client device for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz band is 32.

Since the 2.4GHz only has the 11 channels, it can't support many wireless devices to connect.

The physical limit of 2.4GHz band is 32 wireless devices in perfect condition. We don't suggest the customer to use many wireless devices to connect 2.4GHz band, either.

Or the wireless devices will suffer the interface and traffic.

This is explanation from Bing website as referrce: On the 2.4ghz band, you can connect up to 11 devices depending on the bandwidth usage of the device. However, each device can use different amounts of bandwidth, so we don't advise connecting 11 devices at once as speed and performance can suffer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 398

Replies: 1

Related Articles