Download Speed @ 50% of modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-28 20:11:18
Model: TL-WR841HP  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi... my internet speed it a7 +/- 110Mbps for download and my router TL-WR841HP is inches away from the modem, however download speed is at +50Mbps (50%) when using the wireless settings. As the expected transmission rate is up to 300Mbps @ 2,4GHz, I don´t understand why it does not reach at least nearly +100Mbps, the donwload speed at the modem.

Can it be configured to improve speed?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Download Speed @ 50% of modem
2020-06-30 09:56:18

@AMelendez 

Hello, may I know your detailed network topology, do you mean you have also an Archer A7 router? How do they connect to each other?

If the WR841HP is connected to the Archer A7 wireless by enabling WDS, and the wireless devices are also connected to the WR841HP via wireless, then this speed might be normal. As we know that this kind of extension network will transmit and receive signals for half-duplex communications, which means it will not be able to transmit data when it is receiving.

You may connect it to the Archer A7 by an Ethernet cable and make it work as an Access Point:

How to configure the TP-Link 11N wireless router as Access Point?

May it help.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 1

Related Articles