Activating IGMP slows down the entire network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-30 02:27:18
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

When I activate IGMP on my C5400V2 to support IPTV, the IPTV works but the internet speed drops dramatically. I tried defining vlan's instead but that did the same. Is there a setting I am missing?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Activating IGMP slows down the entire network
2020-06-30 07:52:36

@HenkHam 

Hello,

Who is your ISP and can you please show me the IPTV settings on the C5400? Is the QoS setting on the Standard mode?

What is the speed you can get on your devices or computers if IPTV is not enabled? What is that when IPTV is enabled? Please do a comparison on the same device or computer.

What kind of IPTV service you are using?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Options
2020-06-30 08:35:16

@Kevin_Z 

My ISP is dU (UAE), they are also the provider of the IPTV service. This is the last setting I used for IPTV, I tried pretty much everything but this was the last:

The speeds I measured on my various devices was around 400MB down and 200MB up (wireless), when activating IGMP or trying to configure VLAN this speed will drop to 10-20MB with horrible ping. I still have QoS on standard, it is probably the only thing I have not tried so far.

BTW. My daughters boyfriend has an ASUS router that I tried out. That actually works when activating IGMP, it has some extra settings for the IGMP proxy (port being one) that seem to do the trick. That router is just very unstable, I like my C5400 much more.

Options
2020-06-30 09:20:37

@HenkHam 

Hi, the screenshot seems the default setting on the C5400, can you please show me your C5400 setting page?

If it is possible, we hope you could try to reset the C5400 to factory default and set up the internet and IPTV again, please don't change other settings:

How to reset TP-Link router to factory defaults

Options
2020-06-30 10:20:45

@Kevin_Z 

I have tried several settings, what you see in the screenshot is the last. I also had the proxy active, same results. Then I did this: 

I also tried bridge mode, clicked 802.1Q tag, enables VLAN for IPTV multicast etc. I did factory reset several times. Nothing works. 

Options
2020-07-01 01:21:12

@HenkHam 

Hello, thanks for the update.

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options