Blocking youtube trough parental control stopped working on android devices !

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-30 11:53:10
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.10.5

I blocked youtube on the ipad and samsung tab a. 

It worked fine untill a few days ago. I discoverd that my kids where able to use youtube on the samsung tab tablet. On the ipad it was still blocked. Bug?

What i did:

1.reboot de main deco -nothing

2.reboot the samusng tablet - nothing

3.deleted the profile on wich the samsung tablet was member and made a new one complete and added youtube on the blocked website and apps. -nothing

4.added media to this profile: alle media was blocked and did not work exept youtube!

5.same problem on other samsung devices: a8,s9,tab a 10.1

6.blocking and unblocking youtube on other devices then andoid works fine...

Conclusion:

Youtube blocking works fine on my devices except android devices.

Pls fix this bug. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Blocking youtube trough parental control stopped working on android devices !
2020-07-01 05:17:50
I have exact the same problem , hope to fix this, thats why i buy this product for parental control
Options
Re:Blocking youtube trough parental control stopped working on android devices !
2020-07-02 09:01:05

@razvanborza 

Yes I bought the deco so i can block youtube from certain devices to prevent my kids watching youtube all day !

Options
2021-02-17 18:16:29

@Nardus010 

When I first setup the Deco S2, it was able to block YouTube just fine on a PC that my son uses for school using Google Chrome browser.  Today I find that it stopped worked and he could access YouTube just fine through Chrome (not what I wanted).  I tried several things (ensure the MAC address insn't set to random), tried blocked other variations of YouTube with Https and others.  In the end none of them worked.  I just uninstalled Google Chrome on this PC  It seems like Google Chrome has a way of getting to isn't own sites (YouTube) that somehow bypasses the parental controls.  I just uninstalled chrome on the computer.  Any other solutions I should have tried?

Options
2021-02-18 03:24:18 - last edited 2022-01-26 06:48:19

@Nardus010 

Hi,

We have tested that Deco P7 is able to block the Facebook/youtube websites.

And there are some suggestions for this issue:

Please disable the private MAC address on the mobile devices, such as

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2643/

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-01-25 21:43:03

@TP-Link Yes, facebook is blocked. but we were asking youtube, no facebook. 

Options
2022-01-26 06:53:38

@aiml 

Hi, Thank you for the notification and we tested both, Facebook and Youtube.

In my opinion, Deco blocks these two APP quite in a similar way.

It is suggested to refer to this troubleshooting guide:

TP LInk Deco 9 does not block YouTube

If it is still unblocked, please feel free to send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1692

Replies: 6