WiFi reporting router is disabled!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-30 19:08:53
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Lost Internet so have done several reboots and a factory reset to no avail. How can router become disabled? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:WiFi reporting router is disabled!
2020-07-01 01:43:17

@swarfendor437 

Hi, for your issue, we would like to confirm the below information first.

May I know which line is connected to the router? It is the telephone line or Ethernet cable?

Can you check the lights' status on the router? 

May I know who is your internet service provider? 

When and where did you buy the router? When the issue begins?

Look forward to your reply.

Options
2020-07-01 12:25:20 - last edited 2020-07-01 12:29:27

@Sunshine It is VDSL connected to a VDSL2 Telephone socket. All the lights were on.

ISP is TalkTalk. My eldest's fiance bought it but was unable to use it on his line - Curry's PC World UK. Been using it for well over 12 months. There was an issue with TalkTalk internet nationally 2 weeks ago - the stats on 'What is down' had 98% issues with TT in respect of Internet not working. After my complaint they would not discuss issue as did not have their router installed - they will only answer technical queries provided I am using their router. Whilst waiting for their 'fast hub' I used their old Huawei HG633. The issue only arose yesterday about it being 'disabled' when trying to connect via smartphone. All phones in household reported the same thing. Their fast hub is a Sagem device - annoying as no USB ports like the Archer VR-2800 as I could attach my Firewalla - but no more!

Options
2020-07-02 01:28:08

@swarfendor437 

Very pitiful to hear that!

So, you didn't use the Archer VR2800 now, right?

When you use the VR2800, there is an issue with TalkTalk internet nationally 2 weeks ago, then the router doesn't work, right?

If so, we are afraid that we can't give you any effective suggestions about the ISP issue.

Now, you change the old router Huawei HG633 which is from the ISP to use, the issue happens again, right?

We highly suggest you look for help from the ISP since we can't help you check something from the ISP. Very sorry for that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 586

Replies: 3

Related Articles