Is it possible to turn off the internet facing web server?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-30 01:44:28
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 120926

ISP :

Is it possible to turn off the web server facing the internet. When accessing my external ip address I am presented with the logon banner
requesting user name and password together with the TP-Link name and model numbers.
I would much prefer if I could switch this access and banner off.

Thanks
Mr Snow
Options
4 Reply
Re:Is it possible to turn off the internet facing web server?
2013-01-30 09:38:07
On the web interface of the router, there is one option to deal with that. You can go to System Tools →Manage Control, under Service Configuration, whether Remote Management has been Enabled or not. if yes, disable it to have a try.
Options
2013-01-30 09:51:34
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I already have remote management disabled. I have also tried with this option Enabled (save) and then not Enabled - check box cleared - (save).
It makes no difference the logon banner still appears on the external ip address.

Thanks Mr Snow
Options
2013-01-30 10:10:28
Hi have tried this again and it is now working as expected. Thanks for your very prompt help.

Cheers
Mr Snow
Options
2013-01-30 15:57:57
S?a Laptop l?y li?n - uy tÃ*n - giá r?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 752

Replies: 4