TL-WA850RE interferes with TV box

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-01 10:16:47
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: TL-WA850RE(EU)_V7_200514

Hi. I connected the device and configured it using the three different techniques, to see if any would be better than the other: WPS button, app and via browser too. They are basically the same type of configuration, in the end, it was easy to do and it works as expected in terms of Wi-fi internet. All devices connect to it and it performs the way it should.

The problem is always with the TV box (Motorola VIP1232E). When I am using the Wi-fi extender, the TV signal is interrupted from about 5 to 5 minutes. It just freezes the signal for 10-15 seconds and returns to normal. When we unplug the Wi-fi extender, the box performs normally, without interruptions. This is a popular search term in Portugal (the TV box is commercialized here) but nobody has a solution for it.

How can I make both devices (Wi-fi repeater and TV box) coexist without breaking the TV signal?

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE interferes with TV box
2020-07-07 10:22:58 - last edited 2020-07-07 10:23:16

@freenandes 

Hello,

When plugin the range extender, only the TV box will disconnect from the network from 5 to 5 minutes? Did your TV connect the range extender's wifi?

At this time, did other devices can get the Internet from the range extender or not?

When the Internet freeze, is there any error information showing on the TV Box? May I have a photo of it?

If your TV Box connects to another wifi network, did it work well?

What is the distance between your router and range extender?

Have a nice day!

Options
2020-07-07 10:36:19 - last edited 2020-07-07 10:37:08

@Solla-topee 

Yes, the TV Box disconnects from around 5 to 5 minutes or sometimes, 4 to 4, 3 to 3, it's not a fixed timing. The TV box is never connected to the extender's wi-fi.

While the extender is working, and the TV Box is frozen, the extender's wi-fi freezes too.

The TV Box will display the message, translated from Portuguese "no connection, please hold". After a while (10 to 30 seconds) it returns to normal.

The TV box is always connected to the main router, via cable, I don't even know how to connect it to other wi-fi networks since it is something I never touch, as it is property of my ISP...

The wi-fi extender is displaying 3 lights of wi-fi signal coming from the main router. I'm not sure how much distance that is... Maybe 6-8 meters...

Thanks for looking into it!

Options
2020-07-08 03:19:29

@freenandes 

Hello,

Thank you very much for your valued reply.

Our engineer will contact you later and will help you to fix it. 

Please wait a while until they reach out to you.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation in advance, and have a nice day 

Options
2021-02-12 20:47:13

@Solla-topee 

Hello, 

I'm having the same problem with the TL-WA860RE, can you please help? Frank 

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1084