Deco E4 Wifi channel. Any news ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-01 10:33:50 - last edited 2020-07-16 06:39:54
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20190917 Rel. 75120

Hello,

I whould like to be able to change my Deco's wifi channel especially on 2.4ghz band.

Is there any news about such a feature ?

Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco E4 Wifi channel. Any news ?-Solution
2020-07-16 06:39:49 - last edited 2020-09-21 10:15:09

@SpirosX 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

Apologies that manually choosing a channel for the Deco network is currently not available and this feature request has been forwarded to the developers for months and they are evaluating how to improve it.

It is suggested to keep an eye on the Deco app or on the TP-Link official website as we will update the information once there are any updates. 

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco E4 Wifi channel. Any news ?-Solution
2020-07-16 06:39:49 - last edited 2020-09-21 10:15:09

@SpirosX 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

Apologies that manually choosing a channel for the Deco network is currently not available and this feature request has been forwarded to the developers for months and they are evaluating how to improve it.

It is suggested to keep an eye on the Deco app or on the TP-Link official website as we will update the information once there are any updates. 

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco E4 Wifi channel. Any news ?
2020-08-06 16:25:38 - last edited 2020-08-06 19:34:15

I hope we can get this feature in a future update. The last one i got today seems to have a problem not showing all my connected devices. Model: Deco E4 Hardware Version: V1 Firmware Version: 1.4.0 Build 20200703 Rel. 68121

Very wrong update regarding showing devices ! I have a netbook and another device at 2.4ghz not showing now, plus a Xiaomi redmi note 6 also not showing on the connected devices !

Before kb/s, now undefined

Options
2020-11-04 12:58:43

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi,

I have the Deco M4 system with 2 pcs of nodes. I already use it for 3 days and im satisfying with the coverage compare to the unit provided by TM. I bought this router is to settle the coverage and unstable network connection on d-link dir 842 provided by TM. But after using around two days, i found out that 2.4ghz wifi connection just have 1mbps! 1mbps! 1mbps! 1mbps only when doing speed test so i have contacted TM to check out the problem. So the final problem is i must! must! must! change the channel from default which is 4 to 11 to avoid overlapping with the surrounding electronic devices.

I had contacted your team hotline regarding this issue and im not happy as the deco cant adjust the channel so i cant solve the overlapping issue and my 2.4ghz signal is interrupted every minutes and the ssid crash which cause continuous disconnected issue on my mobile phone, computer and laptop.

I even emailed Malaysia tp link and same answer given as mentioned cant adjust only got default channel will pass the feedback to the team. Thats not the answer i wanted, i want a solution for my mesh router, i trust tp link i purchase tp link products i use tp link products but having a poor setting and cant modify setting is very disappointing me, i pay RM379 for a mesh router which now  cant use at main router but a bridge from the d-link router. I hope tp link can resolve my problem asap, i support tp link products as having nice design, good technology, nice staff but poor setting, poor app, poor website... Thats not the tp link i know......

Best Regards
Jayden

Options
2020-11-05 12:40:42

Hey, all:

Just to note: the Deco's (probably as decided by the "Main" unit) may choose different channels after a reboot.

I just observed that.

Yes, it would be nice to have a selected set of channels for it to "initially choose from" for those cases where one has devices with restricted channels.  If the "signal environment" has changed significantly, one could try rebooting the mesh to see if it finds 'better' channels.

Options
2021-02-23 13:16:06

@TP-Link_Deco 

Are there any news about the manual channel selection ?

No updates found on the firmware section yet...

Options
2021-09-06 15:06:26

I've just found out today that the reason my Sonos no longer plays music via voice command is that it only works on channels 1,6 and 11.  My Deco is currently on 3.  I'd have thought changing the WIFI channel was a basic function!

Options
2021-09-30 11:59:40

@TP-Link_Deco Is there any update on this? I've got 3 Deco E4 devices that are causing interference with my wireless ISP as they are on the same channel. The ISP is unwilling to make any changes and said to change my internal wifi instead. But I can't cause this basic feature is locked or simply not available. Rebooting the units doesn't help, running network optomisation doesn't help either. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2964

Replies: 7