I can’t connect to the extent network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-02 19:33:38

My device has all the lights blue turned on but one, but I can't find the extent network to connect to. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:I can’t connect to the extent network
2020-07-06 11:11:39 - last edited 2020-07-06 11:15:38

@martu 

Hello,

If you didn't change the wifi network name OR click on copy router's SSID when you set up it, it may be the same with your main router. You can remove the range extender to another room, then connect the network name of your home wifi, and check the performance of it.

If you are not sure which network name is related to the range extender and want to have a different network name of the range extender. You can reset this range extender and reconfigure it again.

This article mainly introduces how to configure the range extender via the web management interface. Please click on this link to get detailed information: 

For Single-band RE:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1411/

For Dual-band RE:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1400/    

NOTE: During the wireless settings process, it is NOT recommended to "copy host SSID". Please create a new SSID/ WiFI name for your Range extender. 

You could connect to the new SSID using the main router's wifi password to check Internet access.

If you need any further help, please help me to confirm the following information:

Please find the model number at the bottom label of the product, which may begin with TL-xx, RE.xx or Archer xx. Please also find the hardware version of the product, which begins with Ver.xx.

Please tell me the LED light status on the range extender. May I have a photo of it?

May it help and have a nice day!

Options
2020-07-06 19:00:35

@Solla-topee 

I think its solved, thank you!smiley

Options
2020-07-07 03:11:41

@martu 

Hi,

Thanks for your valued reply, glad to hear that it was resolved. 

If need more help in the future, do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day. 

Options