Deco AP mode problems with Mikrotik router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-03 03:18:55 - last edited 2021-12-30 20:19:55
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20190917 Rel. 76172

Hello everyone, I am having some issue with my equipment. I am running 3 Deco in AP mode, with a Mikrotik router, all good except that very randomly the APs turn to static RED Led but there is still internet connection. Now the Mikrotik router logs show that the main Deco AP is beign assigned and deassigned an IP about every minute or so. DHCP Server is runing on Mikrotik with a lease time of 1 day, with a pool that goes from 192.168.0.10 - 192.168.0.100 and I have reserved IPs .2 .3 .4 to my Deco APs (.2 is the main Deco). If someone could help me solve this problem I would appreciate a lot. Or if there is any way to set static IPs to the Decos. Thanks...

Options
17 Reply
Re:Deco AP mode problems with Mikrotik router
2020-07-09 19:50:15

Maybe some tips on how to configure correctly Deco APs with a Mikrotik router? 

Options
2020-07-10 05:13:56 - last edited 2020-07-10 05:15:39

@WookieeFer Have you updated RouterOS to 6.47 (System --> Packages)? Also check System --> RouterBoard and update it also to 6.47

Options
2020-07-10 14:28:31

@RedRoger Thanks sir, yes I have latest version on Packages and also on Routerboard. I also checked on the Deco App, and it shows there are no new updates. 

Options
2020-07-10 15:36:32 - last edited 2020-07-10 15:39:13

@WookieeFer I have the same stack of equipment as yours, but have no such a problem... Differences are: the hardware ver. of M4 - I have V.1; My Decos dinamic IPs are the part of the common pool; lease time is 15 minutes... I can advise to make some experiments. For example, connect only one Deco to the router and let it get any dinamic IP from the pool... Check and if OK, connect another Decos one by one.....

Options
2020-07-10 15:47:43

@RedRoger Yes, I will keep testing different settings as well. Also I have another question, do you set your Mikrotik DHCP server to assign static IPs to your Decos (Reserve IP to Device so that DECOs have the same IP) or just leave them to Dynamically assign? Thanks..

Options
2020-07-10 16:08:42

@WookieeFer Yap, Decos get IPs dinamically. For Decos control, application is a sufficient tool for me. It controlls Deco via TP-Link server, so it is no need to know current internal IP. If I need web-interface to log in to the Deco, I can pick IP address in DHCP leases and use it, but it is not often...

Options
2020-07-10 16:18:55

@RedRoger Thank you very much, I will test with different settings, also will try with a different Mikrotik router just in case..  yes

Options
2020-11-06 12:40:28
there is no solution connection deco 4 with a mikrotik switch or router and the problem is the DECO4 any other device worked fine on my network except this device. I have seen a lot of people that they are having the same issues and there is no reply from TP-LINK. The DECO4 get all proper settings from my router an ip, gateway, etc and the devices which are connected to deco also gets ips from my router. Those devices though can not ping the gateway router and they don't have internet access either as router or access point mode. Please collaborate with us on this as an officeal reply
Options
2021-04-27 10:09:29

@WookieeFer  I have equal problem with deco M5, Mikrotik router---->Switch---->3x Deco M5 in AP mode, every few minutes mikrotik is logging dhcp assigned/deassigned on decos, i tried reserving IP on MKT for Decos, tried dynamic IPs for deco, tried to set another deco to main deco, but everything is equal, I don't have any ideas for this problem... Did you have any idea?  P.S.:Mikrotik and Deco is on latest firmware and software version.

Thank you

Options
2021-04-28 02:37:07

@adrian_13 

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

Could you please help me confirm the following details:

1. When Deco units kept getting new IP addresses, would the LED maintain green? And would Deco still get internet service?
  2. What is the exact model number of your Mikrotik router?
  3. Please log in to the web UI http://tplinkdeco.net and help me save the system log;

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7517

Replies: 17

Related Articles