Why is OneMesh so limited

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-03 18:32:09 - last edited 2020-07-07 05:54:17
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

So i've just bought an AX50 and i'm liking it so far, however upon further research about the mesh functions it seems that the onemesh feature is really feature limited, namely that you can't use other routers as mesh nodes and it doesn't support ethernet backhaul. Competing mesh systems support these features so i'm really not sure as to why onemesh doesn't either (Maybe to drive sales of deco I guess). Anyone have any idea if these features will ever arrive?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Why is OneMesh so limited-Solution
2020-07-07 05:53:59 - last edited 2020-07-07 05:54:17

@eob2000 

Hi, there is currently no plan to add the support for Onemesh on the AX50, please refer to the Onemesh Compatibility List for future updates.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Why is OneMesh so limited-Solution
2020-07-07 05:53:59 - last edited 2020-07-07 05:54:17

@eob2000 

Hi, there is currently no plan to add the support for Onemesh on the AX50, please refer to the Onemesh Compatibility List for future updates.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Why is OneMesh so limited
2020-07-08 10:54:03 - last edited 2020-07-08 10:54:30

@Kevin_Z Many people, including myself, purchased the AX50 based on the information on the website advertising OneMesh compatibility only to have Tp-Link remove this information in the past 3 weeks for no reason at all with very little response from Tp-Link about the matter other than the standard message.

At the time, the AX10/AX20 were still unavailable leaving the AX50 as the only choice in this series with this apparent feature.

I can only assume it has something to do with the AX routers using Intel chipsets?

It's annoying as my only option is to return my AX50 and downgrade to an AX10/AX20 for the OneMesh feature?

It's disappointing.

Options
Re:Why is OneMesh so limited
2020-07-09 01:20:58

@Monkehfu 

Hello, terribly sorry for that inconvenience caused as the firmware release plan changed. But to be honest, it is hard to tell our customer why this has been changed due to various reasons and it is not good to remove it without letting you know, apologies for that.

As always mentioned when replying to our customers related to purchase advice, we don't suggest our customers buy a product just based on the 'coming soon' or 'will support it' features as plans always change, buy something for sure.

Currently, neither AX10 nor AX20 supports Onemesh. Please refer to Deco kits which support mesh technology which may match your requirement.

However, if you don't want to change to the Deco system due to some reasons, the only suggestion we can provide is to return your AX50 and wait until we get Onemesh supported on the AX10 or AX20, as we cannot give you an ETA.

Sorry about that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 923

Replies: 3