TD-W8968 using different channel than the configured one...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-19 15:49:42
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 0.4 v0005.0 Build 130217 Rel.62075n

ISP : Airtel

Hello,

My router is configured with wireless channel no. 7. However, it actually connects on channel 5. Is this a bug?

Regards,
nagu.
Options
4 Reply
Re:TD-W8968 using different channel than the configured one...
2013-06-24 17:46:14
"My router is configured with wireless channel no. 7. However, it actually connects on channel 5."
So you have changed the channel to 7 on the web page of TD-W8968? How do you check that it is connecedt on Channel 5?
Options
2013-06-26 02:46:50

moon wrote

"My router is configured with wireless channel no. 7. However, it actually connects on channel 5."
So you have changed the channel to 7 on the web page of TD-W8968? How do you check that it is connecedt on Channel 5?

That's what my wicd-network-manager on debian linux (squeeze) says. I have tested it with other routers (/b/g only). With other routers, wicd-network-manager always shows the channel number that I configured on the router. However, with TD-W8968, the number configured on the router and what is shown on wicd-network manager are different. Pls let me know if you need any other specific details to ensure that its a problem with router or with the network-manager.

Thanks & Regards,
nagu.
Options
2013-07-01 17:33:47

nagu wrote

That's what my wicd-network-manager on debian linux (squeeze) says. I have tested it with other routers (/b/g only). With other routers, wicd-network-manager always shows the channel number that I configured on the router. However, with TD-W8968, the number configured on the router and what is shown on wicd-network manager are different. Pls let me know if you need any other specific details to ensure that its a problem with router or with the network-manager.

Thanks & Regards,
nagu.

Hi, nagu.
Have you changed region to your location on the wireless page?
If you change the channel from 7 to another one, how is it?

Options
2013-07-03 15:06:37

Snowy wrote

Hi, nagu.
Have you changed region to your location on the wireless page?
If you change the channel from 7 to another one, how is it?

mmm.... after I upgraded my system from Debian squeez to wheezy (wicd-manager software is also upgraded as a result), the problem seem to have vanished. wicd-manager shows channel 7 -- same as what is configured on the router.

So, from my end this issue is solved/closed. Just to answer your question: yes, the region was set to India.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,
nagu.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 416

Replies: 4

Related Articles