Bandwidth Control Problem For Cable connected devices (lan devices)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-06 06:19:34
Model: TD-W9970  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.3 v0076.0 Build 200228 RC.41086n

Hello,

I have noticed that there is a bug in the TD-W9970 router/modem concerning bandwidth control on lan devices.

My PS4 is connected via lan cable to my router.

When I assigned a static Ip address for my ps4 and enabled bandwidth control for this specific ip, it did not work and the bandwidth control did not deliver the wanted speed. Only the upload speed was affected not the download.

The thing is, when I reconnected my PS4 wirelessly. The bandwidth control rule worked perfectly fine. But for any lan device connected. The bandwidth control is not working. Sometimes I need to restart my router and make sure the lan device is up and connected to the router in order for it to work.

Please is anyone else facing this issue.

All my configurations are correct and there is nothing wrong with my setup for bandwidth control.

The only thing that it is not working is lan devices. All other wireless devices work perfectly fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 455

Replies: 0

Related Articles