Deco P9 satellite unit won't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-06 21:15:47 - last edited 2020-08-27 03:16:05
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

My Deco P9 system has been working fine right up until today when I had my broadband upgraded. This required a new router and moving the main Deco unit to another power socket in the same room to be close to the new router connection.

The main Deco unit appears to be functioning fine but a secondary unit upstairs will initially connect but then drops out after a short while (LED goes red). If I plug the main unit back into it's original power socket and run a network cable across the room all is well.

I know some Powerline equipment can be affected by interference from certain broadband routers. Is this likely to be the case and, if so, are there any settings that can be changed to improve matters (I think my previous non-mesh PL kit had such). Also, shouldn't it be able to cope with flakey PL and carry on with the Wifi mesh?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco P9 satellite unit won't connect-Solution
2020-08-27 03:15:35 - last edited 2020-08-27 03:16:05

@frogstomp   @Ggab 

Hello all, apologies for the super late reply but hope is not too late.

Please help confirm some details and we will try to figure it out:

1. May I have your detailed network topology/layout? What’s the operation mode of the Deco? On the Deco APP, please tap “More “on the bottom right corner then go to “Advanced”, where you will see the working mode.

2. Can you please confirm how the two Deco units are connected, via wireless or PLC? You may confirm it as below:

On the Deco app, click on the Internet icon, then click on one of the satellite Deco, and you will see the satellite Deco’s signal source. If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the signal source, it means the satellite Deco is using the Wi-Fi backhaul. If there is a Powerline icon, it means the satellite Deco is using PLC backhaul. Please ensure that both the two Deco P9 units are plugged into the wall socket directly but not to power extensions.

3. How often does the disconnection issue happen and how do you make it back to work?

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco P9 satellite unit won't connect
2020-08-21 19:00:05 - last edited 2020-08-21 19:00:58

@frogstomp 

Apparently no one from TP-Link monitors this.

I have a similar issue and both the phone and chat support are down.

Options
Re:Deco P9 satellite unit won't connect-Solution
2020-08-27 03:15:35 - last edited 2020-08-27 03:16:05

@frogstomp   @Ggab 

Hello all, apologies for the super late reply but hope is not too late.

Please help confirm some details and we will try to figure it out:

1. May I have your detailed network topology/layout? What’s the operation mode of the Deco? On the Deco APP, please tap “More “on the bottom right corner then go to “Advanced”, where you will see the working mode.

2. Can you please confirm how the two Deco units are connected, via wireless or PLC? You may confirm it as below:

On the Deco app, click on the Internet icon, then click on one of the satellite Deco, and you will see the satellite Deco’s signal source. If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the signal source, it means the satellite Deco is using the Wi-Fi backhaul. If there is a Powerline icon, it means the satellite Deco is using PLC backhaul. Please ensure that both the two Deco P9 units are plugged into the wall socket directly but not to power extensions.

3. How often does the disconnection issue happen and how do you make it back to work?

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-23 06:46:11

@TP-Link_Deco I have just upgraded to the latest firmware and tried the failing configuration again and it now seems to be working ok (2 days).

Options
2020-09-23 10:57:15

@frogstomp 

Hi, good to know that and let us know if you have any other inquiries, thanks a lot~

Options
2020-09-23 15:06:59

@frogstomp 

I was given access to a Beta update roughly three weeks ago.

So Far, My connectivity issues have been resolved.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1685

Replies: 5